Stop the madness!!!

Non-firearms open discussion.
blizzard109

Stop the madness!!!

Post by blizzard109 »

I'm not even going to go on the political side of of my post. I'm just going to talk about the madness side. Had a local R&K gunshow here in Knoxville this weekend. Absolute madness. People waiting in line hours before it opens in 30 degree temps. The building was way too small. Friends that went(I didn't go) said it was total chaos. So packed you couldn't even look at the guns. Prices were just stupid high. They said after about 30 min they had enough and left. Every where you go ammo shelves are empty. Running low on some and can't do much about it. I'm still finding the ammo I use the most pretty good. Still getting my 9x18 and my .38spl. Running low on my .22 though. Never thought I would see the day when .22 ammo was in short supply. My fault. I got caught with my pants down and didn't have the kind of stash I should have had. Just wondering how long it's going to last. Hate to even go target shooting. Scared to use the ammo.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Stop the madness!!!

Post by Curly1 »

We saw this 4 years ago when the Obamanator got into office.

We are our own worse enemy sometimes.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Bosgarage57

Post by Bosgarage57 »

hey im in sevierville went to the gun show as well and I wont be back for a while
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

Curly1 wrote:We saw this 4 years ago when the Obamanator got into office.

We are our own worse enemy sometimes.
Ditto on four years ago. it was quite awhile before even 22lr ammo came back on the shelf.
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

All things considered, I can see why people are so concerned though, given the attitude of this “President” and current administration towards the Second Amendment.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

I'm experiencing the same thing here in Arizona. I currently live in N.C. and have ammo there. However I'm here on vacation, brought three guns with me (P-64, Beretta 92, Star F). Since I had to check them on my flight I figured it would be easier not bring ammo, and buying some here. Well I found two boxes of Fiocchi 9x18 mak for about $20 at the second store I went to. The first had Winchester 9x18 mak for about $30, that ridiculous for Az. prices!!!! The 9mm Luger and 22LR is consistently either sold out or marked up crazy high. Not to mention when I look at what places have in stock (guns and ammo) the shelves look empty compared to how they were when I was here last year.

It's really a sad state that we are at when you can't even get any holiday range time in because you can't get supplies.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

Crazy here too. Some gun shops may need to take an unexpected vacation because of lack of stuff to sell. I have noticed that mak 9x18 ammo is still out there, but thinning out. I saw were Classic is out of the LVE brand. I did see where some silver bear was available.
blizzard109

Post by blizzard109 »

On one of the local gun forums I visit, one of the members is a ammo and reloading supplier. He was at the show and said quite a few venders backed out because of low inventory. Didn't have enough to make it worth their while. Sad thing is, that is their living. No inventory and long lead times to get more means their not making a living. May see some smaller shops close up. This is not a good situation for anyone.
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

ammo and now reloading supplies are hard to find. no long guns to be found and pistols are getting short. it will take time before it get back to normal.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Things are pretty much the same in Northern Ohio. Went to a gun show a couple of weeks ago and had the same experience as many others posting here. Shocking prices, lots of stock though. I looked around and saw that they were trying, not having a lot of luck, but trying to sell semi-auto's for about twice to nearly three times the price that I can go to the local gun store and buy them for. Long guns pretty much the same, old worn out 22cal rifles for three and four hundred dollars. I think that speaks more to greed than panic. Just bought a new Marlin 22 semi-auto with a decent scope for under $300.00 the day before I went. Just as I was leaving I came across the p 64 and it was the only semi-auto I saw that was anywhere near reasonably priced so I bought it on a whim more than anything else. He had another and I wish I had bought them both now. I was never a big fan of semi-auto's and carried revolvers for my whole 20+ year career on the PD. This one, once I changed the recoil and trigger springes out for the Wolff springs, I believe is damn near as reliable as a revolver. Anyway back on point, all the stores and gun shops in this area are very low on 22lr and 38spl ammo as well as most other kinds. It would appear that the only real sections of the economy that the current administration has been able to actually boost is the guns and ammo industry, those guys are hiring and working overtime and to think it hasn't cost the government a dime. All it takes is for the President to open his mouth. No bailouts required. I'm embarrassed to admit that I've spent more money on guns and ammo in the last month than I have in the last twenty years. My wife was able to get together a concealed carry class in two days. I know that every time there is a mass tragety involving a firearm, the people that believe, mistakenly or otherwise, that gun control will make us safe use it as ammunition to fuel their agenda which I find somewhat cruel considering the pain and suffering of the families involved, What the gun control crowd fails to realize is that sadly, we have more to fear from our own government than most any criminal or terrorist. Oh well, they're smart folks, they'll figure it out one day, too late I'm sure, but they'll figure it out.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

fully machined wrote: Classic is out of the LVE brand. I did see where some silver bear was available.

I just ordered 500 rounds of LVE Jan 2nd.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Got 1000 rounds of LVE coming from Classic Firearms. They also have P-64's in stock, a bit pricey though, as well as magazines and CZ-82's. Here is the link: :hi:

http://www.classicfirearms.com/catalogs ... 18&x=0&y=0
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.