What is the difference between Old Style & New Style Mags?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
poop_log

What is the difference between Old Style & New Style Mags?

Post by poop_log »

Hi, what is the difference between "Old Style" and "New Style" P-64 magazines? Which one should be purchased for a P-64 made in 1969? Just to be clear, they are original factory magazines made in Poland and not newly manufactured ones made by someone else.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: What is the difference between Old Style & New Style Mag

Post by robhic »

One has longer feed lips, although I can't remember which has the shorter and which has the longer. :cry: However, I have a 68, 72, 75 and 77 (I bought one each for my 2 granddudes) and when we go ashootin', the mags get mixed up and I can't say as I remember having problems when we've played "mix & match" with the mags. IMO, I wouldn't worry unless the pistol gives you feeding problems. But that's just me .... :hi:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum.

If you do a search there should be a couple pf threads discussing the mag differences
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

My mags get mixed up as well. My 1971 and 1974 feed them all.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."