Deep (undercover) carry (and a smile to go w/it!)

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Cujo

Deep (undercover) carry (and a smile to go w/it!)

Post by Cujo »

Friends-there is a little known, but occasionally cheaply copied, holster system that began as a true deep cover technique for undercover officers. This firm has been around for some time, my first unit came from them at least ten to fifteen years ago. All you have to do is google THUNDERWEAR. And yes, it is just as it sounds! They do have other holsters, but their main seller is a unit that goes under your pants, i recommend either BDU style or looser crotched jeans, and depending on the model, you can carry up to two full size handguns. You can fix it as so that to get to the gun you either have to unzip, or the butt of the pistol can be set to protrude just above the waistline, allowing retrieval, say, under a loose t-shirt. In law enforcement i carried a Glock 30 and a S&W 340PD .357. Sweat, like any IWB unit, will get to the weapon(s), so a daily wipe down and oiling may be needed. In my duties, i even used this rig with leather chaps and all day on a motorcycle. There certainly are faster ways to carry and draw, but few else to carry so deeply, even allow a knife to go along, and keep you from getting your teeth kicked in if the only other way to get to your gun under duress is bending over to an ankle rig. Also, i have not checked yet, but i know that Blade Tech will even make a custom knife sheath for your specs custom in kydex. Stellar Rigs makes some interesting neck holsters, like for my Kel Tec P-32, so they may as well help out. They even have a shoulder rig for a pistol grip only pump shotgun!
snailman153624

Re: Deep (undercover) carry (and a smile to go w/it!)

Post by snailman153624 »

Just FYI, I've seen stories (with pictures) of folks who have shot themselves in the junk with similar rigs. Not saying that's the case with all of them (including this one), just that I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable carrying a loaded weapon right there.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I've got (and know a few people who swear by them) a SMART CARRY http://www.smartcarry.com/products.html and use it for a snubbie 357 revolver. I'd trust it for a small Glock G26 as the fabric is thick enough to prevent trigger ND (believe me, I checked!!!) but prefer the revolver and/or a Ruger LCP. Works well. I only really use it when wearing something without a belt. Like sweat pants or shorts, etc. with elastic waistband. SmartCarry supports itself with its own belt.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

Valid points-believe me, it takes care and remembering what is where! This was a system i had to use to be able to pass any quick shakedown by types who weren't trained in really a legitimate pat down. Using it now, it would only be with a weapon with a safety or a revolver without any hair trigger!
culpeper

Post by culpeper »

How do you urinate. I guess you have to use a stall and sit down.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Cujo

Post by Cujo »

Lift with one hand and guide with the other! I guess it helps if you lost half 'your luggage'' in service!
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

culpeper wrote:How do you urinate. I guess you have to use a stall and sit down.

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
It's totally self-supporting on an elastic and Velcro "belt". When and if I would need to go to the restroom, you could just pull the whole rig up (it's elastic, remember), do the deed, wiggle the rig back down, fasten your pants and hit the road. At least that's how I did it. I mostly tried to avoid that situation at all if I could possibly do so.... But a stall in any case is pretty much a necessity.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
4rum

Post by 4rum »

I really, really don't want to shoot myself in the junk :(
Remember, at the end of the day ... it gets dark.
superc

Post by superc »

You will also find that while rolling around on the ground with 2 guys trying to smash your skull with a hammer or a rock that unzipping your pants to reach a pistol is problematic. Also they tend to notice that and grab what is in your hand.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I'm sorry but carrying a sidearm in a manner that if it were to AD is pointed in the specific direction as my junk is why Thunderwear and appendix and front pants pocket carry are all on my never list. Ever.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.