Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Cooper_1802

Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster

Post by Cooper_1802 »

I have just ordered a new holster from Alien Gear. I will post pics when it arrives in about a month.
MartyW

Re: Alien Gear Cloak Tuck 2.0 Holster

Post by MartyW »

Congrats Cooper_1802 on your holster purchase! I think you will really enjoy it. Please let us know after you get it.

I have been using one of those for a couple weeks with the P-64 and I really like it. A policeman friend told me that the AG 2.0 is the most comfortable IWB hybrid that he knows of. I've never had a crossbreed or other leather hybrid so I can't compare, but the AG seems to be very comfortable and the shell fit for the P-64 is really good.

The bottom of the shell is open so I put a piece of black duct tape over the bottom to keep the dust bunnies out of the barrel. I put a small piece of the tape against the sticky side where the barrel touches so the barrel end touches on the non-sticky side of the tape bottom.

Edit: Here is my P-64 with AlienGear 2.0 (and the duck tape).
AlienGearP64_rsz.jpg
AlienGearP64_rsz.jpg (27.76 KiB) Viewed 6786 times
Cooper_1802

Post by Cooper_1802 »

It finally came. Fit and finish is excellent retention is good. It will stay in when held upside down but will start sliding out if shaken. No issues when carried though.
MartyW

Post by MartyW »

Hi Cooper,

So glad to hear that your happy with your AG. I have only good things to say about mine also.

When I first got mine I tightened the shell attach screws to hold the P-64 tighter when held upside down so that it wouldn't slide out. But then when I began wearing it I found that there wasn't enough room to re-holster easily, so I ended up putting the tension screws right back exactly where the AG factory had initially set them. I think they really know what they're doing. I recommend this holster highly.
Joeinthehills

Post by Joeinthehills »

:D
Very please with the AG 2.0 for both the P64 and SIG P226/220.
Awaiting ones for Colt Series Officers Mod and Combat Commander, which should be arriving in +/- 1 more week.