New P64 owner here.

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
C.G.B. Spender

New P64 owner here.

Post by C.G.B. Spender »

Hello,

First time poster here with one of the recent AIM Surplus P64s.
Looking to get a set of Marschal grips, and have attempted emailing him, but have received no reply. Is he still in business making these grips, and has anyone here recently gotten a pair?
Also I have looked at the "designergrips.com" options, but it appears as though the maker is ill at this time and unable to produce anymore.
Zee grips look nice, but is he still doing those?

Second, I've looked for a nice leather IWB holster for the pistol and have not had much luck.
I see that our member from US Gunleather makes some very nice holsters, but unfortunately has stopped production at the moment. Any other options for the P64?
Really don't want to settle for a PPK/P230 holster.

Many thanks, and thanks for having me.
Spender.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: New P64 owner here.

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Spender.

Marschals usually doesn"t do good at answering emails but AFAIK he is stll in business, just takes several months to get grips.

Email the Zeegrip board member to see if he has a run going.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
C.G.B. Spender

Post by C.G.B. Spender »

Thanks for the welcome and reply!

Yes, I've read he can be difficult to reach by email.
Perhaps I'll place an order and see how it goes.
lincen

Post by lincen »

Marschal is still making grips. I ordered a set earlier this year and have two more sets on order right now. He is running way behind but does have a link on his page that gives sort of a general progress update based on your order date. You just enter your zip code and it gives the update.

Also, I always check his "Grips for sale " link. They are already made and you will receive them in two weeks or less. That list changes about every week or so. That's how I got my last set of FEG grips.
bear34

Post by bear34 »

http://www.gungloveholsters.com/IWB_Holsters.html

I have one made for the PPK. It fits perfectly.
C.G.B. Spender

Post by C.G.B. Spender »

Thanks for the replies.

I still have not heard back from Zeeborg, or DesignerGrips.com, but I did place an order with Marschal grips so hopefully in a couple months I'll have my set. Also haven't gotten any kind of holster for it yet, but I'm in no hurry. I have other carry guns for the moment.

I took the pistol out yesterday and ran about 75 rounds through it, mostly Silver Bear FMJ, but also some Hornady Critical Defense.
I had no malfunctions, hangups, jams, etc., and the pistol is quite impressive as far as accuracy for having such little sights.

I really like this little gun.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Welcome to the site, always lots of good info here. If your looking for grips with a shorter turnaround time, try here:

http://www.grips4u.net/

Good luck and welcome aboard
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
LantanaTX

Post by LantanaTX »

Ketchman wrote:Welcome to the site, always lots of good info here. If your looking for grips with a shorter turnaround time, try here:

http://www.grips4u.net/

Good luck and welcome aboard
I bought from grips4U for my CZ82 after frustrations with communication and the long quoted wait time from Marschal. I could not have been happier and don't know how Marschal could be any better. One thing I did notice with the Grips4U is how strong and good they smelled. you will find yourself sticking your nose to them. After a couple of years they still look and smell great! I will be placing another order from them for the P-64 I bought today.
lincen

Post by lincen »

One way to reduce the wait time from Marschal Grips is to keep an eye on there "Grips for sale" link. I've ordered two sets that way and they arrive in about 2 weeks or less.
tlandon

Post by tlandon »

Best holster I have come across is the Sticky Holster. No clips, belt loops, etc. Very stable and very, very comfortable.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I use the Remora's
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tlandon

Post by tlandon »

The guy that makes Sticky Holsters use to work for Remora. He said they had chemical skin reactions from the Remora's. Don't know if that's a fact or not, but the Sticky is great and only cost $25.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

LantanaTX wrote:
Ketchman wrote:One thing I did notice with the Grips4U is how strong and good they smelled. you will find yourself sticking your nose to them. After a couple of years they still look and smell great!
You really need to get out more often. :roll:
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

To the OP - if you're interested in a good pocket holster, contact Robert Mika: www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Ahhhhh, let's make sure everyone knows that Ketchman wrote about the Grips 4U site, NOT about smelling my grips, OK? :|
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.