Squeaky leather IWB holster

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
dalek

Squeaky leather IWB holster

Post by dalek »

What can I do to make my IWB holster stop making that leather squeaking sound? I've had it for more than a year and it still squeaks. Any leather conditioning I might throw at it? I mean, I am getting Zymol for my car; should I apply some to it while I am gooing things?
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Squeaky leather IWB holster

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Neats foot oil.
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
EMS

Post by EMS »

Neats foot oil
Pure neatsfoot oil is good, just avoid neatsfoot oil compound which I heard can dissolve stiches.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I wouldn't put oil of any type on it. Try using (sparingly) some talcum powder on the friction spots.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

a synthetic or pure carnauba wax should also be safe, but definitely don't use any organic compounds, especially organic oils. The hydrocarbons will break down over time, forming acids and solvents that will destroy the leather, and also cause the dye to leach into your skin and clothes.

You could also try some graphite powder, it will be more water/sweatproof than talcum.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Always used saddle soap on mine.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.