Finish

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
SMSRods

Finish

Post by SMSRods »

Thanks for the suggestion. I see what you mean about stitching along the profile. This is the first time I have wetmolded leather. I guess I tought it would be stiffer after molding....now makes sense why all the other holsters out there follow the profile with the stitching :oops: haha. Is there anything out there finish wise that will add stiffness to leather without making it brittle?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Finish

Post by dfunk »

Sorry, I didn't notice you created a new thread as a reply to your original post.
Yes, an acrylic finish will stiffen it up a bit, but won't substitute for a tight line and mold. Most leather supply places will have something suitable. I prefer Angelus products, myself. You could by a small bottle from Springfield Leather for a few bucks. Springfield Leather
SMSRods

Re: Finish

Post by SMSRods »

Hah, I didn't realize I created a new thread either. Thanks for the info. I'll look into that finish. Working on a another holster now and making a better attempt to follow the contours with stitching. I'll post it when I get it done. Thanks again for the help.