Uncle Mikes #2 pocket as IWB?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
RobsTV

Uncle Mikes #2 pocket as IWB?

Post by RobsTV »

Saw a post on another forum where a S&W J-frame was used in a J-frame UM size 4 pocket holster as an IWB holster with great results.

Just gave my Uncle Mikes size 2 a try with P-64 used as IWB and I could see how this might work well under certain conditions with certain sized people and clothing. Never going to wear a belt, and mostly shorts and T-Shirts. I like it. Felt better this way than in the pocket. Holster stayed put when drawing weapon. Not for everday use, but I see a place for me.

Anyone else do something like this "hack" as it's proudly called on other site?
dalek

Re: Uncle Mikes #2 pocket as IWB?

Post by dalek »

Could you post a photo showing it in place? Trying to pick a holster and do not know what to get
RobsTV

Re: Uncle Mikes #2 pocket as IWB?

Post by RobsTV »

dalek wrote:Could you post a photo showing it in place? Trying to pick a holster and do not know what to get
Sorry, the P64 has went to my best friends home.

But after doing this with the P64, I now do the same thing with my other carry guns. Using a Desantis pocket holster works great as IWB. (Remora and Uncle Mikes too)

Check out reviews for pocket holsters, watch youtube videos, and I'm sure you will see how well a modern pocket holster will work as IWB.