carry gear for your P-64

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Frank Mucciolo

carry gear for your P-64

Post by Frank Mucciolo »

I have found that you can find all kind's of carry gear for your P-64, like holster's, based on the PPK, they are both almost exactly alike in size. From OPSGEAR.com, I bought a "Tagua thumb break leather belt holster," that fit's my P-64 like a glove. Price $39.99, with shipping $53.04. Hope this help's for any one loking for holster's.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: carry gear for your P-64

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forums Frank.

Yes my PPK/S gear works well with the P64 also.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Frank Mucciolo

Post by Frank Mucciolo »

The problem I'm having is with trying to get a pouch for my clip's, I would like some feed back on the best double pouch that would fit these P-64 clip's. thank's guy's, gal's, and nice to hear from you Curly1, I too am a senior member, more like Prehistoric. LOL
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Frank I can't help ya on the pouches as I don't use em.

I use the Remora IWB holster for the PPK/S which fits a bunch of the "pocket" pistols they also make pouches.

http://www.remoraholsters.com/Extra_Mag_Holders.html

Any questions on them just email em the owner will get back to ya, nice guy too.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Frank Mucciolo wrote:I have found that you can find all kind's of carry gear for your P-64, like holster's, based on the PPK, they are both almost exactly alike in size. From OPSGEAR.com, I bought a "Tagua thumb break leather belt holster," that fit's my P-64 like a glove. Price $39.99, with shipping $53.04. Hope this help's for any one loking for holster's.

Frank, my Tagua arrived today and will not snap. Does yours snap shut? Thanks!

Cooper
Frank Mucciolo

Post by Frank Mucciolo »

Don't know why it won't snap, mine does, could be that they are not all made exactly alike. Send it back, tell them the problem, and I'm sure they will fix it for you.

Frank
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Frank Mucciolo wrote:Don't know why it won't snap, mine does, could be that they are not all made exactly alike. Send it back, tell them the problem, and I'm sure they will fix it for you.

Frank

Thanks Frank, I will do that.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Frank,

Is your safety on or off with the Tagua?

Here are my latest findings:

Safety on = won't snap shut
Safety off = will snap shut

The bulge in the safety makes it too tight. I will keep it snapped with the safety off and see if it stretches a little.

Thanks!

Cooper
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

Update...Snapped shut with the safety off stretches the strap, now I can snap with the safety on. More time should help it out. Its pretty tight though.

The Tagua is a nice holster and seems to be well made. I will keep it.
badgerjfr

Post by badgerjfr »

as for extra mag pouch. i saw a post a while back, a guy used a leatherman or knife case that looked like it fit really well. the kind you feed your belt through. just a thought. and besides people will think your carrying a leatherman, not a full mag. personally i don't carry extra ammo. if i need it, chances are i'll be "shit outta luck" before i'll need it. also i don't think i could drop the mag and reload quick enough to make a difference. :|
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

If anyone cares....I have an update on my Tagua holster. The strap really did not stretch enough and was overly tight and prone to becoming unsnapped. So, I cut off the strap and cleaned up the ends. It is much more useful now.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Frank Mucciolo wrote:The problem I'm having is with trying to get a pouch for my clip's, I would like some feed back on the best double pouch that would fit these P-64 clip's. thank's guy's, gal's, and nice to hear from you Curly1, I too am a senior member, more like Prehistoric. LOL
Buy two of these? ($3.20 @)
https://www.gunpartscorp.com/catalog/De ... er%20pouch

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
eclipse57

Post by eclipse57 »

Well I bought one of these Tagua holsters based off of the reports here that it fit. All I can say to anybody else is DO NOT buy one of these holsters unless you can actually try your P-64 in it. This holster does not even come close to fitting my P-64!!

It might fit with the hammer cocked, but I would not carry it that way. Even then it appears that if you did carry it like this and were to have to run or if you got in any type of struggle, the pistol could come out of the holster.

Oh well typical internet information. Looks like another holster to get thrown into the firearm junk bin.
Cooper

Post by Cooper »

eclipse57,

Sorry to hear of your disappointment, no need to give up just yet. As I noted with my Tagua, it was tight, even after stretching it for a few days. I could get the thumb break to snap shut with the hammer down, safety on, but it would unsnap too easily. The thumb break fit better, but not perfectly, with the safety off, but I don't like to carry that way. I noticed that the snap on the thumb break was getting dented with so much effort used to snap shut, so, I cut off the thumb break strap with a pair of sharp scissors and put some Kiwi Cordovan shoe polish on the edge to get the raw leather to match the rest of the holster. The pistol now fits snugly in the holster. I am pleased with the outcome, though my preference is for my holster to have a thumb break.

allentownernie

Post by allentownernie »

I must agree with one of a previous poster, I also ordered a "Shado" belt holster from Rays Holsters in Florida. 42 bucks shipped to my door. It is the holster made for the PPK. It has a adjustible strap and it fits my P-64 great. The quality of the leather is super, the fit is great. I am very, very pleased.