My stab at a handmade IWB

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
bowsavage

My stab at a handmade IWB

Post by bowsavage »

So after reading through many many posts about what kind of IWB holster to use I decided to try to make my own. It works for me really well and impressed the guys at work enough they all want me to make one for them. Total cost about $15 bucks with leather and tools bought at Hobby Lobby. I had the clip from an old cloth holster for my H&K. Just as a side note I recently purchased a IWB from versacarry and I really like that to use in the small of my back. This one fits perfect for between my right front and rear pockets.
IMG-20120308-00076.jpg
IMG-20120308-00077.jpg
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: My stab at a handmade IWB

Post by juniustaylor »

Looks very serviceable and should suit the purpose. As you build the holsters, you'll find things you want to do better and they'll just keep getting better. Nice job.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
WarLord

Post by WarLord »

It looks like it will work just fine. I have been thinking about doing the same thing. Never worked with leather before, but am pretty handy in other things (woodwork, RC planes). I don’t see any reason not to try it. I did not realize Hobby Lobby carried such things. I will have to check them out. Some leather, awl, thread, needles, and a clip. It shouldn’t cost that much just to try it out.

Anyway, glad to see you take the challenge. Nice job.
Americal 1970-1971 "We Kill Folks"
bowsavage

Post by bowsavage »

Skip the awl and get the leather punch. The leather scraps that I got were pretty thick.