Barsony IWB holster review, pics

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
superferrite

Barsony IWB holster review, pics

Post by superferrite »

I've been carrying my P64 for a week or so now, and the Barsony IWB (model recommended for the PPK) seems to be pretty good for the task.

As per my Dad's recommendation, carrying it just to the right of my bellybutton. He's carried this way for 35 years as a Chicago cop (with a Chief's Special .38) and now as a retired cop (with his real PPK), so I value his advice.

Fit is fine, haven't had a problem with reholstering even though it IS a bit floppier than more expensive boned-in items. This is AFTER it has been broken in a bit with my pistol. Previous to this it was a bit difficult and slightly flat.
The holster is made well and the clip is robust heavy-gauge spring steel riveted at the bottom.
I'll try and post some pics below.
It seems to have formed well to the shape of my pistol.
superferrite

Re: Barsony IWB holster review, pics

Post by superferrite »

Forgot to mention the drawback of not completely covering the rear of the slide. This will be a problem in hot, sweaty Arizona. And because I work in a commercial kitchen that is far from cool.
Byrd

Post by Byrd »

That looks like a well made holster...where may I ask did you get it? I have had a Don Hume IWB for the PPK on order since October! I finally cancelled that order and am searching for another option!
From Above Only & Not Beneath!
superferrite

Post by superferrite »

Evilbay.
It was by the suggestion of the previous post by Docmow1.
Barsony has a web site, as well:
http://www.barsonyholstersandbelts.com/ ... StoreFront
nsnutter

Post by nsnutter »

I bought a Barsony ballistic nylon iwb off ebay a few weeks back. The spring steel clip is nice, and the holster is well made - but its not nearly as nice as your leather one. My only gripe with the nylon one is that its a tad big - but I can live with that. Can't beat the price @ 13 bucks shipped!