Versa Carry

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
tdickens

Versa Carry

Post by tdickens »

https://www.versacarry.com/ This holster is a new design (at least to me). I will be placing an order for one tonight to try it out. It looks like it might be a good way to carry the P64. If anybody has experience with it, please post a comment here.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Versa Carry

Post by juniustaylor »

That is VERY interesting. Why didn't I think of that? :D Good luck, I hope it works well for you.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
stover

Post by stover »

Not a fan of the concept, but do they make these in 9x18? 9mm Nato and 9x18 are not the same bore diameter.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Stover is certainly correct on the bore diameter differences. The diameter difference is around 0.007". Pretty tiny and probably wouldn't make any difference though in fit. You may want to call the company and ask them for their opinion.
stover

Post by stover »

Yea, I see that now. Still don't like the thought of a naked gun against my skin or a rod in the barrel.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

I am kind of wary of the concept as well, but I thought I would keep an open mind about it and try it out. If nothing else I'll have another "Holster" (if you can call it that) to add to my collection. I am always looking for the perfect way to carry.

I'll let you know the results.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

In the order section, they actually ask for the model of the gun, so they can match it up as best as they can, in case I ordered the wrong thing.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

stover wrote:Yea, I see that now. Still don't like the thought of a naked gun against my skin
I think it was Clark Gable that killed the Undershirt industry. Might be worth it to try one anyway in this case.
or a rod in the barrel.
An in-holster AD/ND could be even worse than "normal" in that case, true.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Interesting. Probably not the easiest to reholster.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

i like it. i use the clip draw on my s&w model 60 and the kel tec belt clip on a p11 and p3at. sometime the belt clip work best for me. this looks like it would work well. let us know if you get it and how it works.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

I am awaiting it's arrival! We'll see how it goes.
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

Okay! My Versa carry holster arrived today! In the past, I have never been comfortable with IWB carry. I have tried several IWB holsters and always they have been uncomfortble. :? I was skeptical about this Versawhatchamacallit.

Until I tried it! First impression? I love it! I found it very comfortable and concealable. I ordered the 9mm Small size and it works great with my P64 and my CZ82, although the cz82 is a little bulkier.

I highly recommend giving it a try! www.versacarry.com
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Thanks for the update tdickens.
Dwight

Post by Dwight »

tdickens -- is re-holstering possible without a whole bunch of attire gyrations? Granted, if it was necessary to draw the pistol from concealment, ease of re-holstering it probably isn't the most pressing thought on my mind...

Dwight
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

It's pretty simple to "reholster". You just pull the versa carry clip out from your belt and then clip it back into yothe pistol and put back in the belt. Easier done than said.