Elite member

Re: Versa Carry

Post by juniustaylor »

You should post some pics!!!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

My household has gotten a little crazy with the Thanksgiving weekend ahead of us. Once that is over I will take some pics and post them.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

I see they have the GEN II coming out. Looks like they added a kind of trigger guard. Here is a pic of the new version and they offer I think.. an $8 upgrade on a trade in.

Last edited by Nutnspecial on April 5th, 2012, 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
WayniacKT

Post by WayniacKT »

Just ordered a Versacarry for my P94 and will also try my CZ82 and my Bersa Thunder in it. But my P64 had become my main carry.
I have been carrying in a pocket holster, but sometimes pocket carry isnt the best. I have several Crossbreed holsters, but it just seemed like alot of money and a big holster to carry such a small gun with. This style sounds perfect so for $25 (with trigger cover) im giving it a try. Will post a review when i get it and try it out.

cheers,
Dwight

Post by Dwight »

I look forward to your review. I use a crossbreed-style holster for my CZ-82 and I'm very pleased with that arrangement; but as you point out, it seems like a lot of holster for a p64. I've been carrying my p64 in an Uncle Mike's pocket holster. It seems to work better in some pockets than in others...

Dwight
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

WayniacKT wrote:Just ordered a Versacarry for my P94 and will also try my CZ82 and my Bersa Thunder in it. But my P64 had become my main carry.
I have been carrying in a pocket holster, but sometimes pocket carry isnt the best. I have several Crossbreed holsters, but it just seemed like alot of money and a big holster to carry such a small gun with. This style sounds perfect so for $25 (with trigger cover) im giving it a try. Will post a review when i get it and try it out.

cheers,
I just got my VersaCarry. :? It is indeed a "minimalist" holster :!:
Below are pics of it on my CZ-82 (I ordered the 9mm/Medium). I will say the clip is a SOB to get on/over the belt! :evil:
I would recommend LOTS of practice putting a gun w/ versacarry on your belt in an UN-loaded condition! Their recommendation to carry with-OUT a round in the chamber is to make their lawyers happy. :roll:

I also ordered a "BA12" (size 20) nylon holster with built in extra mag slot from Ready Holster for the same $25 (they both arrived the same day). It's quite nicely made (in China :roll: ) however, the Ready Holster has belt loops on both sides, a metal clip, (I took the clip off for belt loop use only) and a "functional" thumb break, ALL of which can be changed over for left or right handed use! :D It is a "duty" type holster. I mean, an in your face Open Carry, LEO and Sheepepole Magnet! :shock:
It's completely ambidextrous (like my CZ-82 :D ) with just the use of a butter knife as a tool!

Ready Holster also STUNNED me with their lightning fast "free" shipping! I ordered it Friday at 3PM and got an email 50 minutes later with a USPS delivery conformation number! It was actually "out the door" within the HOUR! I didn't know there was such a thing as "Free same hour shipping". :shock:

Anywho... pics below...note the rescue knife that clips to the unused belt loop side. No need to carry a 2nd mag? Great location for a small LED flashlight!

I'm interested to know what "WayniacKT" thinks about the VersaCarry. To me, that clip reminds me of my NiteIze PDA holster and my NiteIze flashlight holster.... both a real SOB to get on and (more so OFF) my belt.

PS: I've read where adding some felt to the VersaCarry (where the slide rubs the plastic) will lessen finish wear to your pistol. All in all, I'll probably become happier with it in due time. Like boxers, to briefs, to a thong....takes some getting used too! :shock:
RobsTV

Post by RobsTV »

Nutnspecial wrote:
I just got my VersaCarry. :? It is indeed a "minimalist" holster :!:
Below are pics of it on my CZ-82 (I ordered the 9mm/Medium). I will say the clip is a SOB to get on/over the belt! :evil:
I would recommend LOTS of practice putting a gun w/ versacarry on your belt in an UN-loaded condition! Their recommendation to carry with-OUT a round in the chamber is to make their lawyers happy. :roll:
I see on their site that they recommend wearing a belt, and I see that is making things difficult for you. But what about those of us that do not wear belts, like me in Florida that usually wears jean shorts?

Do you think the VersaCarry would work O.K., or perhaps maybe even a little better if no belt was worn?

Also, what is your impression of this new models trigger guard? Does it seem to work as intended, and might work O.K. when used along with the heavy DA of the stock P64 trigger?

Thanks for the updates!
bowsavage

Post by bowsavage »

I have carried with and without a belt and IMO it works fine with either. This is an awesome cc holster. If you are a traditionalist you wont like it because of the barrel rod and not being able to reholster. Look this is for cc not for range days. If you pull it out while carrying concealed your last worry will be reholster. Im a cop who wears a 26lb belt to work everyday. When I'm off duty I want as little weight as possible. As for worry about sweat and rust, just keep an oily rag near your safe and when you pull it out for the night just touch it up. It also rides low enough that most of the weapon will be against your underwear anyway and I would hope that you are not carrying in a situation where you are sweating so bad that your hip / ass area is drenched. If you have any more specific questions about how I carry with the versacarry feel free to pm me.
Nutnspecial

Post by Nutnspecial »

bowsavage wrote:I have carried with and without a belt and IMO it works fine with either. This is an awesome cc holster. If you are a traditionalist you wont like it because of the barrel rod and not being able to reholster. Look this is for cc not for range days. If you pull it out while carrying concealed your last worry will be reholster. Im a cop who wears a 26lb belt to work everyday. When I'm off duty I want as little weight as possible. As for worry about sweat and rust, just keep an oily rag near your safe and when you pull it out for the night just touch it up. It also rides low enough that most of the weapon will be against your underwear anyway and I would hope that you are not carrying in a situation where you are sweating so bad that your hip / ass area is drenched. If you have any more specific questions about how I carry with the versacarry feel free to pm me.
I must agree that it is an awesome cc holster! However, I do not have as yet my LA CHP ($$$) and although Louisiana is an "open carry" state (Article 1, Section 11 "LA State Constitution") I don't feel comfortable OCing in New Orleans, even though I would produce ID upon the request of any local LEO!

My biggest problem is not at all with the holster itself, but rather a case of "radial nerve palsy" that occurred 2/16/12 leaving my dominate right hand 100% paralyzed. It's only in the last 10 days or so that recovery is near 98% :D

It was for that reason I purchased a CZ-82 first (rather than the P-64 first) and the 2 holsters I posted pictures of, that being all are 100% ambidextrous! Just in case I was left permanently left handed. :shock:

As for the VersaCarry "size" SM/MED...for the P-64, is not listed on their chart, but we all know the PPK/S is of the same overall length. I wanted a size that leaves the grip above the belt line! I don't want to be digging the grip from under my belt line.

I'll take some pics in the mirror in the next few days to show how the CZ-82 rides in it. With and without a belt.
badgerjfr

Post by badgerjfr »

it's a very interesting concept, and i havent tried it so i won't knock it. but i would have to say im a huge fan of the clip draw. wasn't too sure about it, thought i would try it. love it. and like the versacarry, i do oil the gun a lot more since it always on my underwear and skin. one major difference, the only thing your tucking into your pants is the gun. and it was a lot more secure than what i imagined. my 2 cents. but to each his own. whatever works for you, works for you. :)
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right,
but the heart of the fool to the left." -Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
mymirage77@yahoo.com

Post by mymirage77@yahoo.com »

Just got my P-64 this week and also picked up the versacarry holster. Overall I'm very happy with it. I did get the small size and it fits very nicely.