Used my CZ 82 shoulder holster

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
BorisThespider

Re: Used my CZ 82 shoulder holster

Post by BorisThespider »

I've been staring at those things for a while now. I really want one, but the shipping adds something like $10, so it's not quite as good a deal as I'd like.

Anyhow, how about some pictures? Maybe wearing it, maybe a close-up of your needlecraft?
sixgun

Post by sixgun »

Sorry don't have a way to take pictures. Ordered 3 of them and a 2 mag pouches back when I got my CZ82. I'm 5'11" with a 38 inch waist and it just fits let out almost all the way. The P64 fits inside great except for the top leaves a little gap. The leather piece across the top on the inside is thinner and soft. I put my P64 inside and pinched the top and tied it with thread. I guess you could use a small bundle tie as well.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Boris, I agree. I was interested in it when I saw $5, but when I saw the ripoff $11 shipping, I immediately closed the page. It wasn't worth it. I could probably just make my own for cheaper out of my leather. Oh well. I have saw pictures of them being worn, and they look real neat.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
camekanix

Post by camekanix »

I too almost canceled my order for one when I saw the ridiculous shipping charge but I decided that the bigger picture looks something like this... I can get a genuine, made to fit, CZ shoulder holster in real animal hide for $15. I'm in!
Buyers beware though. I am 6'2" 230lbs and this thing just barely fits. It is ok standing and sitting upright but if you lean forward too far the little clips that hold the straps to your pants will not hold. Otherwise I am a happy camper.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Glad to hear you are satisfied with it. Not sure what could be done go make the straps a tad longer other than to find some form of material to make an extension. It is a tempting deal, your overall picture is what I tried to imagine but I just couldn't do it. I can make my own holsters and other stuff from leather, but I have to consider if it's really worth the time and effort when I could just get that one for $15... decisions, decisions... It does look pretty slick!
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
sixgun

Post by sixgun »

camekanix wrote: It is ok standing and sitting upright but if you lean forward too far the little clips that hold the straps to your pants will not hold. Otherwise I am a happy camper.

I was having the same problem and found that it worked better clipping it to my belt instead...
fury413rb

Post by fury413rb »

just ordered one too!

cheap way to see how comfortable I feel with shoulder rig carrying
BlitzPig

Post by BlitzPig »

I got the whiz bang deluxe edition with two mag pouches. It arrived this week.

Seems like a good basic shoulder rig, especially for the less than $20 to your door price. Not going to bother modifying it for the P64, as it works so well for the pistol it was designed for. I've been wearing it around the house today for a couple hours. No issues with the straps or clips coming off, but I did attach them to my belt.

This will be a good walk in the woods/park with coat on rig.
A conquering army on the border will not be stopped by eloquence. Otto von Bismarck
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

I'm planning to order some CZ82 parts from CZ-USA and I would consider adding the shoulder holster to the package, but before making a phone call, I would like to see a photo of the holster being worn with handgun.

Any volunteers with camera.....?
sixgun

Post by sixgun »

gwbiker wrote:I'm planning to order some CZ82 parts from CZ-USA and I would consider adding the shoulder holster to the package, but before making a phone call, I would like to see a photo of the holster being worn with handgun.

Any volunteers with camera.....?
Here is a example from the cz forum site :

http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?PHPS ... #msg180229
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

Thanks for the photos, I'm gonna' order one.
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

OK, along with several parts I ordered and I received two CZ surplus holsters - one tan, other brown. Both seem to be same size.

I noticed a bit discomfort in wearing one with loaded CZ82. I may try to fit my much lighter LCR .357 magnum to see if that works.

For $4.99 each, IMO the CZ holster isn't a bad deal.