In the Pocket vs IWB holsters & a related issue.

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Makarov-

In the Pocket vs IWB holsters & a related issue.

Post by Makarov- »

Why is there so much emphasis on IWB holsters. I know its a matter of choice but is in the pocket holster (as in loose holster just placed inside a pants pocket) so unpopular. I love my uncle mikes model. It works well with most models of Makarov.

Other issue. Does anyone remember/or use the clip on the back of KelTec P-32's and P 3AT's. This clip was where you could attach a lanyard that went around around your neck. In dealing with it the whole CCW/holster issue came up. When a pistol like that was dangled like that concealed in that manner it would not be legal unless it was "in a holster". The ole Uncle Mikes inside the pocket fit wonderfully and satisfied the definition. Anyway I was wondering what people thought of a lanyard that connected to the "hole" in the P-64's hammer and the P-64 in question would also being in a pocket holster of that nature be a viable alternate way of CCW. Not fashionable perhaps but functional.

I know I know, I'll probably get "tacky", "impractical", "too weird", and other assorted comments. Feel free to comment negative or positive. Just throwing a what if idea out there. Maybe it'll get a chuckle or two at least.
Repeal mandatory health insurance purchase language in the health care bill. Fines/jail are for criminal or civil misconduct. Insurance isn't a tax. By forcing this you betray public trust, ignore your constitution oaths, & are party to extortion.
Short Circuit

Re: In the Pocket vs IWB holsters & a related issue.

Post by Short Circuit »

Hello Makarov, I don't think it is a good idea to attach a lanyard
to any part of the firing mechanism, of a firearm, as it could interfere
with the operation of the firearm. Lets say for instance, you had to pull your weapon, and when you extended your arm, the lanyard was to short and wouldn't let the hammer fall,Could be very embarrasing. :oops:
benheart

Post by benheart »

.....or you snag to the pistol on something, (or the weight of the pistol) accidentally cocked the hammer. I am in agreement with the previous post... might be a bad idea. Safety issues not withstanding, I believe reliability would be seriously compromised. If it must hang from your neck, have you thought about a custom kydex holster? At a gun show recently I saw a custom kydex holster made for a North American Arms .22 mini revolver. I must tell you- I was very impressed! He advertises that he will build a custom kydex holster for anything that you bring him. I will post a link for him below. While I've met him in a few times at the shows I don't know him personally
benheart

Post by benheart »

.....or you snag to the pistol on something, (or the weight of the pistol) accidentally cocked the hammer. I am in agreement with the previous post... might be a bad idea. Safety issues not withstanding, I believe reliability would be seriously compromised. If it must hang from your neck, have you thought about a custom kydex holster? At a gun show recently I saw a custom kydex holster made for a North American Arms .22 mini revolver. I must tell you- I was very impressed! He advertises that he will build a custom kydex holster for anything that you bring him. I will post a link for him below. While I've met him in a few times at the shows I don't know him personally.

http://WWW.sharktac.com
Makarov-

Post by Makarov- »

Hmm you have a point there but I wouldn't chamber a first round so an accident wouldn't be as likely. Perhaps if there were a clip like the P32 and P 3AT have.
Repeal mandatory health insurance purchase language in the health care bill. Fines/jail are for criminal or civil misconduct. Insurance isn't a tax. By forcing this you betray public trust, ignore your constitution oaths, & are party to extortion.