Fobus OWB Holsters?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
rick9plus

Fobus OWB Holsters?

Post by rick9plus »

Does anyone carry their P-64 in a Fobus outside-the-waistband holster? I an interested in purchasing either a belt/paddle holster or a roto holster for the Walther PPK. I have heard that these holsters fit the P-64. Reviews or opinions, anyone? Also, what's a good double carrier (on the belt) for P-64 magazines? Thanks in advance for your insight.
GrailKnight

Re: Fobus OWB Holsters?

Post by GrailKnight »

rick9plus wrote:Does anyone carry their P-64 in a Fobus outside-the-waistband holster? I an interested in purchasing either a belt/paddle holster or a roto holster for the Walther PPK. I have heard that these holsters fit the P-64. Reviews or opinions, anyone? Also, what's a good double carrier (on the belt) for P-64 magazines? Thanks in advance for your insight.
I have been carrying my P-64 in an Uncle Mike's Super Belt Slide holster as well as an Inside the Waistband holster also by Uncle Mike's. (Not at the same time of course. :lol: )

As for magazine pouches I bought two small nylon pocket knife pouches and sewed them together to make a side by side
double pouch.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

While I prefer a quality leather holster for my handguns. I have a couple of Fobus holsters. I have found the paddle holsters to be rugged, reliable and cheap in price. They hold my handguns close to my hip and the holsters have never moved around on me. No matter what I am wearing or what I am doing. I also have the dual mag carriers and I like them as well. The Roto holsters I don't care for at all. I find they leave the pistol to far out from my body and it prints way to much, even under a winter coat. It might be ok if open carrying, but even then the gun is sticking out and catches on things. I don't know how the one for the P64 might be, but I would recommend getting the paddle model over the Roto model.

Hope this helps.
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

Thanks, Farmer. That was exactly the type of insight I was looking for. In this case, the Fobus paddle holster even costs less than the roto version. You helped me make my decision AND save a few bucks.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Glad you found it helpful. :D
doc83

Post by doc83 »

Try the Fobus SG3 for the P-64. It's for a Sig Sauer 230/232, but it fits the P-64 very nicely. I really like the Fobus paddle holsters for CCW; they're priced right, hold the weapon securely but with an easy draw, and are comfortable. IMO, the roto holsters add a little too much bulk, however.
JB7748

Post by JB7748 »

Going on doc83's suggestion I ordered the Fobus SG-3 paddle holster and it works great. Here are some photos with the P-64 holstered. The only difference in size is the P-64's barrel is ~13mm shorter than the holster this can be seen in the photos.
Front Fobus SG-3.
Front Fobus SG-3.
Back Fobus SG-3.
Back Fobus SG-3.
Side Fobus SG-3.
Side Fobus SG-3.
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

I just purchased a Fobus paddle holster for the Walther PPK to use with my P-64. The PPK is supposed to be very similar in form to the P-64, so hopefully it will fit correctly (maybe without the 1/2" extra length of the Fobus SG3.) Once it arrives (I bought it online) I'll post a fit update. Thanks to those who responded to my post, and thanks Dick for sending me a new password!
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

OK, so the Fobus PPK paddle holster arrived yesterday. $20 from Bucksndoes (ebay seller). It looks great, but there is no way a P-64 will fit inside it. The holster is WAY too small. The trigger guard will not even go in halfway.

So for as much as people say that the P-64 is a "clone" of the Walther PPK, don't purchase a kydex/plastic molded PPK holster for your P-64. It ain't gonna fit...

Now I just hope that Buck n Does will accept returns and/or can hopefully upgrade me to a Fobus SG3 like doc83 and JB7748 suggested! Live and learn.
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

As a suggestion: I went with the inexpensive Uncle Mike Sidekick holster for my P-64. Uses Velcro held retention straps and two belt loops for comfortable OWB wear. Very comffy when worn cross drawn in a car seat.
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

Fortunately the folks at eBay store Buckndoes have a 30-day, free postage return policy (and very good customer communication), so I am sending the Fobus PPK holster back and getting the Fobus SG3 for my P-64. Thanks for posting the photos showing that the SG3 will fit the P-64.
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

I just received the Fobus SG3 from an eBay seller. My P-64 snapped right into the holster. Great retention with no need to heat up or expand the holster material. I am wearing it at my desk right now and I can already tell it is more comfortable than the thinner, leather IWB Red Storm holster that I have been using for the past couple of years.

I'll have to check how well the SG3 conceals with my typical clothing, but for range and home use, I can tell already that it is a winner. Around $24, including shipping. Nice.
warterra

Post by warterra »

Hope this topic isn't to old for an update (2 months).
I have a lot of Fobus holsters and after I recently got my P-64 I checked about 20 different Fobus holsters for a fit.

As mentioned above the PPK1 does not fit at all and the SG3 is a great fit.
Another ok fit is the PPKE2, but it doesn't lock in as well as the SG3.
For the P-64 magazines the Fobus 6922P worked out pretty good. It's a double mag pouch.
JB7748

Post by JB7748 »

Good tip warterra on the Fobus 6922P for P-64 magazines. Just so happens I was looking for something like that but did not want to order the wrong size. Do they make a single version also?
msglaigaie

Post by msglaigaie »

gwbiker wrote:......I went with the inexpensive Uncle Mike Sidekick holster for my P-64. Uses Velcro held retention straps and two belt loops for comfortable OWB wear.
What size UM fits the P64> I OC a CZ82 regularly in a size 18 belt holster.
Glad to hear about the Fobus SG-3, I will get one of those.
If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room!