CrossBreed MiniTuck for P-64

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
DocCasualty

CrossBreed MiniTuck for P-64

Post by DocCasualty »

I recently bought one used from somebody on the board here that is designed for the PPK and finally have been trying it out. I thought I'd share my thoughts and limited experience to date.

First, the holster arrived promptly as described and only showed minor leather wear from the pistol itself, so it was a good deal from StenTheAwesome. It came with the SnapLoks attached, plus an extra set of SnapLoks and J-hooks. I haven't changed over to the J-hooks yet but plan to, as that as how I am used to carrying my G26 in a Galco UDC. Seems more concealable to me with a shirt tucked-in by using the J-hooks instead of the clips over the belt. However, as it's summer, I've just had my shirt tails hanging out so it really hasn't mattered to this point.

The Kydex portion does fit the P-64 well. At first I thought it was going to be too loose but being IWB, that doesn't seem to be an issue as the gun belt works to retain it. It's easy to draw, so I'm not sure I would want it any tighter or if it's possible to heat the Kydes for molding without ruining it. I've practiced dry draws with it but honestly need to spend some time at the range.

This is a very comfortable holster to wear and a very comfortable way to wear the P-64. My first impression of the CrossBreed was that it was a big holster, as in its width, not depth or length. It took a little getting used to putting it on, compared to the smaller, simpler one J-hook anchor of the UDC. However, I see now why it is comfortable in the way it comforms to my hip. So far have just tried it at 3 - 3:30 position.

I purchased this P-64 with a thought to using it as a carry pistol when the G26 just was too wide or a little too bulky for what I was wearing. I'm very pleased with the light, thin profile of the P-64 in this regard. I haven't worn it with a suit or dress attire yet but think it is going to work well in those situations.

Overall I'm glad I bought this holster. While designed for the PPK, it seems to work well for the P-64. I think I'll keep the G26 as my primary piece for EDC, due to its caliber, capacity and what I perceive as more resistance to rusting with minimal upkeep. I'm very happy I have a good way to CC the P-64 now and do plan to incorporate it when I otherwise might have gone out unarmed.

NRA Life Member

68polishp64

Re: CrossBreed MiniTuck for P-64

Post by 68polishp64 »

I use the Crossbread Mini-Tuck for my P64 and I love it. Takes a bit to get used to but after you do it's very comfrtable and conceals perfect even with just a t-shirt.
benheart

Post by benheart »

I may try the Crossbreed for the P-64. I use a Crossbreed for my XD and LOVE IT. Only problem is, with a small pistol like the P-64 -I might forget it's there entirely!
DispositionMatrix

Post by DispositionMatrix »

68polishp64 wrote:I use the Crossbread Mini-Tuck for my P64 and I love it. Takes a bit to get used to but after you do it's very comfrtable and conceals perfect even with just a t-shirt.
Threadwake. I have been happy with Crossbreed for holsters for my other handguns but have not carried a P64. Since it's been three years could you provide an update? I am a bit cautious about holster purchases since I am left-handed and end up with holsters no one else would want.
DispositionMatrix

Post by DispositionMatrix »

Just noticed that Crossbreed lists the P64 for the Super-Tuck but not the Mini-Tuck. Odd. I will inquire about it.