Autosurgeon

Hand Made pocket holster.

Post by Autosurgeon »

Supplies needed.

1. Mousepad

2. scissors

3. needle and polyester thread black

4. Knowledge of how to sew!

I am planning to make a double pocket mag holster too I just have to pickup another mousepad... as this was the only one I had laying around!

I double stitched the seam that follows the contour of the gun. and loop stitched the ends.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
waltham41

Re: Hand Made pocket holster.

Post by waltham41 »

Nice!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I think it looks good! I've been toying with the idea of creating a pocket holster pattern for the P64 using leather and a grippy material similar to bottom of mousepads and the stuff you can line your kitchen cabinets with to keep things from slipping. Do you think that pocket carrying the P64 pushes the envelope for size?
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

If you wear pants with the right size pocket opening and they are not tight it works fine.. as always a good belt helps!

Also I made a new pocket holster as I decided I needed full length slide protection against sweat. I will post pictures in the morning.

I am also working on a pocket mag holster as well.
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

Ok here pics of my second pocket holster. Made the same way but with full length slide protection.

dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I think I like the first pattern better. The 2nd one seems to put a strangle on the gun and in my mind (obviously I can't test it) prevents a clean draw from the sitting position. I also don't think that anything covering the slide that far up is necessary in any holster. Either way, take pride in making your own holsters and gear and learn from each one. I'll be interested to hear how they hold up to use.
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

I will be interested to see how the hold up as well... and if I decide I don't like the second design I still have the first in my holster drawer. Note due to the slick meterial on the inside of the holster the slide protector version seems to actially work better. In that it stays in the pocket better and prevents the sight from snagging on the pocket on the way out.

Time will tell how well this works but the first 20 test draws went well!

Also I now have made a triple mag holster for the other pocket.. it does require large pockets but as I only Pocket carry in pants purchased for the task I made it with them in mind. Most dress pants have a steep angle on the pocket slash while many brands of jeans do not. The steep angle pocket slash pants work the best for pocket carry and presentation.

Here they are together.

jobot

Post by jobot »

nice holsters. the only think that I would do different is line the inside with some kind of moisture absorbing material.
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

The rubber is closed cell so it will not absorb moisture... and the the lining is smooth nylon. You would not want a holster that absorbs moisture... perhaps you meant moisture guard?

jobot

Post by jobot »

well you have inspired me to make a pocket holster of my own I will report back when I am finished.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

I know this is an old post, but I made the 2nd pocket holster a while back. It worked well when wearing regular full length jeans. I recently started wearing jean shorts & the pockets are wider & deeper, which causes the gun to shift around. I still have the holster use it on occasion. I mostly use a tuckable iwb holster now.
Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

Not to pooh-pooh anyone's initiative on making their own pocket holsters, but - for those of you who are not needle-and-thread-talented - a gentleman named Robert Mika makes some outstanding holsters. http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"