Which gun is the closest fit to a P-64?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
dgposton

Which gun is the closest fit to a P-64?

Post by dgposton »

My Galco Classic Lite arrived yesterday. It is Model CL204 (RH), designed for a Walther PPK. Unfortunately, as you can see from the picture, the trigger guard on the P-64 protrudes too much so that I can't insert the pistol far enough in to snap the closure.

Any suggestions on what gun is nearly identical to the P-64? Perhaps the Bersa Thunder 380 is slighter bigger than the PPK but close enough to the P-64?

Here's the link to Galco's website:

http://www.usgalco.com/HolsterPT4.asp

There's a drop-down menu where you can choose holster size by gun brand/model. I would have thought perhaps the Sig P232 might be a close match, but they don't list that as an option on the website.

Suggestions welcome.

Thanks!
hangfire

Re: Which gun is the closest fit to a P-64?

Post by hangfire »

dgposton a CZ 50/70 might fit that holster. It is slightly longer than the P-64 but muzzle to muzzle the front of the CZ trigger guard is a tad over 1/2" further back on the frame. The CZ 70 (don't especially recommend the 50) is a very well made and fine looking pistol, perfect size for a carry gun but unfortunately an anemic caliber.

hangfire
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

The Bersa is further off than the PPK. That rivet ticks me off because it's a way out (and thus cost effective) of stitching the bottom of the holster to actually 'fit' the gun. Get a holster made for the P64.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I'm pretty sure that is not a rivet, but is a Chicago screw. Unscrew it and remove it. Your barrel will stick out, but that's just because the holster was actually made for a PPK. As dfunk said, just a way out for Galco to not have to do some stitching. I am not a fan of Galco products. I think they're high priced and not that great for what they are. By removing the screw, it gives you a chance to make it work and be on the lookout for a better holster. You can reinstall the screw and sell it to get some of your money back. Give that a try.
dgposton

Post by dgposton »

dfunk wrote:The Bersa is further off than the PPK. That rivet ticks me off because it's a way out (and thus cost effective) of stitching the bottom of the holster to actually 'fit' the gun. Get a holster made for the P64.
Yeah, I think I'm actually going to give up on the shoulder holster from Galco. I'm actually waiting on your OWB, so keep us posted when your shop is back up and running. :D
mikana

Post by mikana »

I'd remove the rivet/screw then put in a tack stitch in the appropriate place.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

mikana, it may not even need a tack stitch. It looks like it could completely bottom out and then he could snap it. However, pictures are normally deceiving. I still think it could be used dgposton, just remove that screw and give it a try.
68polishp64

Post by 68polishp64 »

The PPK/S is actually the closest similar gun to the P64. Look up pics and you can see. I have a P64 and I use a Crossbread holster called the Mini-Tuck. It's meant for the PPK/S and hey it fits perfect and even locks in. Any mag holders or gun holsters for the PPK/S will fit the P64 since they are so similar. I have a Bianchi double mag holder meant for PPK/S mags and my P64s fit perfect.
Black Otter

Post by Black Otter »

I bought a Tagua or Tauga for Kahr KM40. The P64 fits well but is not snug. The trigger guard area is a little big. I checked where the guard is on the P64, shot some super glue in the excess area, clamped it , and left it overnight. Next morning I drilled a set of holes and saddle-stitched a new seam. Now my P64 fits very snug. The holster is an IWB and costs $28.00. It very closely resembles the Don Hume IWB's; which I have two of.
Black Otter
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

I purchased a Fobus PPK1 holster (supposed to fit the Walther PPK.PPKS/PP) for my P-64 and it doesn't come close to fitting. It's way too small. The trigger guard won't even go in halfway. It's completely unusable for the P-64. So I went ahead and purchased the Fobus SG3 based on other member suggestions. It hasn't arrived yet, but it's GOT to fit better than the PPK version.
mikana

Post by mikana »

The SG3 was tight but usable on mine. I put it on my dash with the gun in it. That helped.
JB7748

Post by JB7748 »

My Fobus SG3 was tight fitting also but some CLP on a old rag did the trick and now is easy to use.
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

Got the Fobus SG3 and my P-64 slid (and snapped) right in. No fuss. No muss. I think I'll like this holster.
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

Am I the only one who believes that kydex wears the finish on blued guns four times as fast as leather?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
reynaldx

Post by reynaldx »

mikana wrote:The SG3 was tight but usable on mine. I put it on my dash with the gun in it. That helped.

Also im mine I also put it on my dash.
“The end move in politics is always to pick up a expandable batons.” That's why I don't like politics.