Backup?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
mattwestm

Backup?

Post by mattwestm »

Do any of you guys carry a backup? I usually carry my P-64 with heavier clothing and my Kel-Tec P-32 in my pocket with lighter clothing. I'm considering carrying my Kel-Tec on my ankle from now on, just as a backup, but I'm not quite sure I need a backup. Who here carries a backup to their primary carry weapon?
jobot

Re: Backup?

Post by jobot »

That is funny because I was considering doing the same thing except I have a p3at. I think that it is a good idea if you are really worried about your safety. On the down side though you will probably get made fun of my less gun friendly people.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

I try to keep the same calibre for both summertime CCW guns (Primary and BUG). I have the P-64 in a IWB holster and a German Makarov in an ankle holster with mag carriers for both.

Dick's Gunleather IWB and Desantis Nemesis pocket holster

Wolverine ankle holster
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

Something to think about, when you are sitting you are on the IWB pistol depending on where you wear it.
If you have one on your ankle as well, you may be able to access it (or prepare to) merely by resting your ankle on your knee.
At this point I want to get another P-64 to carry on my ankle. I plan to have one in an IWB, or special pants pocket.
mikana

Post by mikana »

I just ordered one of these for a "left hand gun." In case right is busy or incapacitated. Also bought a box of .410 federal defense buckshot for it. I am planning on carrying it in some sort of a knife case on my left side belt. We'll see. It's only $75, so I think it's worth a try! :D

http://sovereignguns.com/index.php?main ... age&pID=27