Do you take your P64 jogging?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
vimes

Do you take your P64 jogging?

Post by vimes »

Does anyone here jog with their p64? If so, what do you use? I'm looking for something that would work for long runs (say 10+ miles). As anyone who runs distance knows, things that are just mildly annoying at short distances can get to be a major pain in the @#$% with several miles behind you.

The usgunleather holster looks awesome, but would it work for this purpose? I don't usually run with a belt, but I suppose it might be workable with the appropriate type. Thanks for any suggestions/examples.
robalan

Re: Do you take your P64 jogging?

Post by robalan »

I have run with a Ruger LCP in a belt that is really just for gel and stuff like that. The P64 is a little bigger. I have to think you could find something, but for running long distance consider a smaller gun.

The belt I have has been redesigned. I am not sure how big is is now. Here it is:
http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/ASW2154/
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Vimes,
I would have to agree with Robalan about the weight issue. I started carrying my Baby Browning in a kydex neck rig but that even bothered me after several miles. I finally converted my old military camelbak small pocket to put a Walther TPH in just in case. I took out the zipper closure and added velcro with a 1" nylon webbing tab that I could pull in case of emergency. :idea: Since I moved up to a larger CCW pistol, weight isn't such an issue these days. The mouse guns got sold or traded off. :hi:

I have become used to the P-64s weight in the camelbak plus have room for an extra magazine, my cuffs and my ID. I am trying to get one of my military friends to convert another smaller camelbak for other items as well. :wink: I do try to keep the items to a minimum. 8)
vimes

Post by vimes »

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like I'll probably need to rig up some sort of camelbak type setup if I want to run with the p64. Sgt P, how far have you taken yours? I'm such a minimalist when it comes to running gear, I'm not sure how I'll tolerate an extra pack (on the other hand, I would give me a place to store all my crap...hmm 8) ).
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

The weather is still a bit chilly here but I carry a LCP while at the gym (late night - early morning hours).

(LCP in wallet holster, drink is iced lemonade and book is "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross)
robalan

Post by robalan »

vimes wrote:Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like I'll probably need to rig up some sort of camelbak type setup if I want to run with the p64. Sgt P, how far have you taken yours? I'm such a minimalist when it comes to running gear, I'm not sure how I'll tolerate an extra pack (on the other hand, I would give me a place to store all my crap...hmm 8) ).
Ten miles was my set limit for any run, normal run was 6 to 7 miles. I have been out of action for a couple of year because of foot problems.
Hobe Sound P.83

Post by Hobe Sound P.83 »

Sig-Sauer P.229 in .9mm would be my Jog Gun. Paul
CRY HAVOC! AND LET SLIP THE FALCONS OF ATLANTA!
spyguy

Post by spyguy »

blackblade wrote:The weather is still a bit chilly here but I carry a LCP while at the gym (late night - early morning hours).

(LCP in wallet holster, drink is iced lemonade and book is "Unintended Consequences" by John Ross)
I quit carrying mine while jogging due to the frequency of cleaning needed to prevent rust!

Also, worth mentioning......Unintended Consequences is one of the best books I've ever read and should be read by anyone that appreciates thier right to keep and bare arms.
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

Fanny pack can work... You need to get a good one with a wide belt strap though!
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."