PPK/S Comparison

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
boomer

PPK/S Comparison

Post by boomer »

I had some free time today and took my Walthers PPK/S out of the safe and did a side by side comparison. It is remarkable how close in dimensions the P 64 really is. Any holster that will fit the Walthers will also fit the P 64 and vise versa.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

PPK/S Comparison

Post by dfunk »

You don't want leather covering the mag release on the PPK if you use a P64 holster, though, so watch that.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

PPK/S Comparison

Post by juniustaylor »

Yeah, you'll be missing a magazine really quick and wondering "How'd that happen?"
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
boomer

PPK/S Comparison

Post by boomer »

Thanks guys I would have never thought about that! It makes perfect sense now that you mention it.
robalan

PPK/S Comparison

Post by robalan »

How do you like that PPK/S? I almost bought a used one a few months ago. Thanks
boomer

PPK/S Comparison

Post by boomer »

The PPK/S has a checkered past and you need to be very careful which generation you are getting

At the end of WWII the Walthers plans were smuggled into France and production was stated again. Then They found their way to our shores and were made under license to InterArms I believe in Alabama. Those models are terrific. Then Smith & Wesson got a hold of the patent rights and totally destroyed the integrity and original design. With Walthers PPK and PPK/S pistols it is like fine wine, the older the better. The French one I have is outstanding. My buddy has a S&W and it is a total dog.
longboat

Re: PPK/S Comparison

Post by longboat »

Boomer,
Ordered a molded Fobus Paddle Holster Model PPK1 from OpticsPlanet.com which was supposed to fit PPK/PPKS/PP. Absolutely will not fit the P-64. Way too small. Will not fit a Bersa Thunder either.
Would like to find a molded paddle for the P-64.
WardenWolf

Post by WardenWolf »

Longboat, get a Makarov holster. The P-64 is essentially a cross between the PPK and the Makarov. Some of its dimensions are closer to a Makarov than a PPK.
Carrying a Mak may not be PC, but whatever works.
longboat

Post by longboat »

WardenWolf, I sent the PPK1 holster back to OpticsPlanet for a swap to a Fobus Model BS2 paddle which fits the Bersas, etc. which are way closer to the P64 sizewise. Will let you know. But you are right, a Mak holster should be very close.
Be a different carry for me since I carry a S&W 36 3".
By the way I have found OpticsPlanet.com to be the absolute best & fastest service I have gotten from any Internet store for anything, anywhere.
Thanks
ToolBane

Post by ToolBane »

how did the Fobus work out?