Ankle Holsters?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
stentheawesome

Ankle Holsters?

Post by stentheawesome »

Hey all,

I was just wondering if anyone here uses an ankle rig for a P64. Specifically I was considering a wolverine ankle holster from the sportsmans guide. I figure this will tide me over until I can get a US Gunleather IWB hoslter. I figure it can't hurt to have multiple carry options either.
gixxer9999

Ankle Holsters?

Post by gixxer9999 »

I'm looking for an ankle holster also please let me know what you think of yours if you buy one. I did the IWB last weekend and I could not get used to it. Still trying to find something comfortable.. Good luck..
blackblade

Ankle Holsters?

Post by blackblade »

I have the same ankle holster from SG that I carry a Makarov in as my BUG. I think it is comfortable.

I haven't tried a P-64 in it yet but it should do very well I think. And I wear it while wearing high-top hiking boots.

- Black Blade
Last edited by blackblade on February 9th, 2010, 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gixxer9999

Ankle Holsters?

Post by gixxer9999 »

nice holster.. I like the lining on the inside you don't see that on most. I wear work boots and high dress boots so I think this might work great for me. The IWB just feels like something is digging in my side. thanks for sharing
8898jsmit

Ankle Holsters?

Post by 8898jsmit »

I regularly carry in a Fobus SG3 ankle holster. It holds the P64 very secure and is easy to draw from.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Ankle Holsters?

Post by anjdrifter »

music300

Re: Ankle Holsters?

Post by music300 »

I tried a cheap ankle holster for my PA-63 and it wanted to slide down and kinda hurt my leg after a short while. However I think the 63 may be bigger and heavier than the 64. John
robalan

Post by robalan »

music300 wrote:I tried a cheap ankle holster for my PA-63 and it wanted to slide down and kinda hurt my leg after a short while. However I think the 63 may be bigger and heavier than the 64. John
I have two NRA ankle holsters that I wear together for a weapon the size of a P64. A small holster is nearest to my ankle twisted a little to the side so nothing touches my ankle and then just above it I have a medium sized holster with my P64 or Sig P232 in it. It works well for me. When I decide to carry light, the small holster alone work okay with a small gun like the Ruger LCP.
woolworth405

Post by woolworth405 »

Fobus SG3 is what I use.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

The absolute best holster for ankle carry of virtually any weapon is the Desantis or Galco molded leather. The neoprene strap, with padding on the ankle side and a molded pocket for the gun makes ALL the difference in the world for comfortable ankle carry. Any universal pocket-style ankle holster allows the weapons edges to go directly against your skin, making extended wear uncomfortable at best. The molded pocket means most if not all of the contours of the weapon are against the leather pocket instead of against your skin.

Another fantastic style of ankle holster is made by TripleK. It is molded, and also VERY comfortable, padded, AND it has the bonus of having a leather strap with velcro that actually threads thru a metal loop to tighten the holster against your leg. The Desantis and Galco are velcro only. it can be difficult to get the right amount of tension on the holster so that it is tight enough not to drag down on your ankle, but with the TripleK, it's super easy: tighten and velcro it. I actually think TripleK is better than Galco and Desantis for that very reason, plus it seems to fit larger legs much better. I am 6" 275 lbs, and I max out the fit for both the Galco and Desantis, but find the TripleK is just an easier fit because of the strap/velcro instead of just velcro. With a heavier gun like the P-64, you'll want a retaining strap to keep the weapon where you put it, and a sturdy leather-molded pocket with padding, that is easy to adjust... all said: TripleK. I will be selling one of my p-64 ankle holsters on the classified forum cheap... it's decent, but it lacks the all-day comfort you can get with TripleK..been there, tried several, TripleK is the best.
ToolBane

Post by ToolBane »

Can anyone tell me if the PPK version is what I want for the TripleK? tooldawg99?

Found my answer in another thread. For anyone else with the same question, here it is.(yes kind of)

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2917
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

That was me, and it is an older TripleK rig that I am selling now! It fits the P-64 perfectly, and is listed on the holsters section for sale.

Let me know if you are interested!

Now asking $20 including shipping from Spartanburg, SC.
Cooper_1802

Post by Cooper_1802 »

Which galco ankle glove fits the p64? I was looking online and several people were saying the ppk/ppks model didn't work.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I use a DeSantis Apache (http://www.desantisholster.com/) for carrying a 38 snubbie, a Glock G26 and a Bersa Thunder 380. It has an elastic pouch for the gun which makes multiple weapon carry possible and an additional strap that goes above or right under the knee (depending on your size) adds stability. Full Velcro for security and lambswool backing for comfort. I actually DO forget I have it on sometimes!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Cooper_1802

Post by Cooper_1802 »

Which size of the desantis apache is compatible?