Need new magazines

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Need new magazines

Post by Ketchman »

Just picked up two from SOG for 17.95 each. Arrived on time and in good shape.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Just noted what MrEasytarget said re: FFL or C&R for ordering magazines from SOG(southern ohio gun). I don't have either and they will ship non-firearm items without an FFL or C&R license.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

Ketchman wrote:Just noted what MrEasytarget said re: FFL or C&R for ordering magazines from SOG(southern ohio gun). I don't have either and they will ship non-firearm items without an FFL or C&R license.
That's good to know. I would like two more magazines for my P64. You can't beat the price from SOG either.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

This is a copy and paste from SOG web sight:

If you are not a FFL Dealer, you may still order from the "Non-Dealer" section of our store when you register.
Overlord475

Post by Overlord475 »

Just ordered 2 from SOG for $17.95 each + an unknown shipping amount. Will post up when I get them to let you guys know the condition and shipping time/charge.
JSandi

Re:

Post by JSandi »

Overlord475 wrote:Just ordered 2 from SOG for $17.95 each + an unknown shipping amount. Will post up when I get them to let you guys know the condition and shipping time/charge.
IIRC they charged $12 shipping for my two mags and shipped them UPS...
RobsTV

Re:

Post by RobsTV »

Overlord475 wrote:Just ordered 2 from SOG for $17.95 each + an unknown shipping amount. Will post up when I get them to let you guys know the condition and shipping time/charge.
It took about a week, but I just received two from SOG. They raised the price after I ordered, and charged me a little more than what they list them at. I think due too using credit card. Two for $36.98 + $14 shipping, for $50.98 total.

These seem nearly new. The bad part is I guess because they are near new, they fit very tight, unlike the two very used mags that came with the B grade P64 I bought from AIM.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Let us know how they work out. I have an unissued unumbered one also that I got with my rig and on occasion it fails to hold open on the last round.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
WarLord

Post by WarLord »

The thing about J&G is that they want $24.95 for the magazine alone and $9.95 shipping.

If you buy a gun you can add magazines for $19.95 however you still pay $9.95 shipping. You pay $22.00 for the gun and still have to pay $9.95 for the magazine for total of $31.95 shipping. I could not believe it so I e-mailed them and sure enough you pay air and ground shipping.

That is the reason I bought my gun from Classic Firearms. They not only give you two magazines and a holster but only charge $16.95 for shipping it all. Gun is only $10.00 more to start with.

I tried to point this out to J&G in a polite way that they might want to look at this as they would probably be loosing buisness because of their shipping practices but they don't care.

Not a problem I am quite happy with the service I got from Classic and am thinking about buying another.
Americal 1970-1971 "We Kill Folks"
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Yeah that does sound like a bone job.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

WarLord wrote:The thing about J&G is that they want $24.95 for the magazine alone and $9.95 shipping.

If you buy a gun you can add magazines for $19.95 however you still pay $9.95 shipping. You pay $22.00 for the gun and still have to pay $9.95 for the magazine for total of $31.95 shipping. I could not believe it so I e-mailed them and sure enough you pay air and ground shipping.

That is the reason I bought my gun from Classic Firearms. They not only give you two magazines and a holster but only charge $16.95 for shipping it all. Gun is only $10.00 more to start with.

I tried to point this out to J&G in a polite way that they might want to look at this as they would probably be loosing buisness because of their shipping practices but they don't care.

Not a problem I am quite happy with the service I got from Classic and am thinking about buying another.
I told you!!! LOL I want another one as well. After all, I do have two hands. :mrgreen:
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
WarLord

Post by WarLord »

Gary2112 wrote:
WarLord wrote:The thing about J&G is that they want $24.95 for the magazine alone and $9.95 shipping.

I told you!!! LOL I want another one as well. After all, I do have two hands. :mrgreen:

Yea, you were right.

I ordered another P64 from Classic on Tuesday. Hope to see it this weekend or Monday.

Now I am looking at a CZ82 from Wideners. $199.00 plus shipping. I explained to my wife that is a good idea to put our tax return money back into the economy. It's the American way.
Americal 1970-1971 "We Kill Folks"
dalek

Post by dalek »

Too bad Wideners keep reporting they are out of stock of CZ82s. I too want to get one.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

dalek, Aim Surplus has the CZ82s. That's where I bought mine and am happy with it.
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx? ... rov+Pistol
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
leadhead2

Post by leadhead2 »

If your mags seem tight going in or out,
loosen the grip screw slightly and they
should work better.
Denny