Vega holsters

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
zark

Vega holsters

Post by zark »

I came across these holsters in a couple of shops in the state. The Uncle Mike's I was using was getting stretched out so I figured I'd give the Vega a try.

The first shop I found them in was selling them for $17 and the second for $12. They seem well worth the price so I bought several.

They are suede with the smooth side in. The model number of the one in the pictures is IB331 or the medium auto.

I've been using one for a couple of weeks now and am very pleased with it.

Here's a link to the manufacturer's web site:

http://www.vegaholster.it/prodotti.aspx ... 0&Lang=eng

The only ones I've seen have been the IB3's and shoulder holsters (not interested in the shoulder rigs). I would really like to try the IA3 for larger autos though.
halljt3

Vega holsters

Post by halljt3 »

Looks like a plastic clip? Does the clip seem pretty durable? Does the holster want to come out when you pull your p-64? Thanks for the post zark
zark

Vega holsters

Post by zark »

halljt3,

Yes, the clip is plastic but it seems durable enough and it has enough spring tension to hold fairly tight. That little nub on the clip sticking through the hole in the leather is what holds the clip on. It seems to me that could be a potential problem keeping it attached to the holster but so far it has not been.

Here's a pic of the clip

The holster has a good friction grip on the pistol. That combined with the fact that I wear a narrow flimsy belt allows for the holster to ride along for a little bit while pulling the pistol out. It seems fine to me but I'm pretty new to carrying.

BTW, here is a picture of the Uncle Mike's size 1 next to the vega. I wonder if the small pistol Vega might be a better fit for the P64. When I get back to the store with the $12 Vegas I might pick one up.

halljt3

Vega holsters

Post by halljt3 »

Zark,
I went on the Vega web site and they say the clip is made of Polymer and i know thats nice and strong so i think it should hold up... And i was also thinking that "little nub" on the clip could end up being a problem.. Anyways thanks for the detailed pics.
thestaleness

Vega holsters

Post by thestaleness »

zark,
I really like the way the vega looks.

This site sells them for 19, and has the sizes for small/medium/large auto. So medium auto is the way to go?
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/V ... tid=376161

Also, whats the difference between this and the uncle mike's size 1? Trying to decide on a cheaper first holster for the time being and both have the look I want but trying to figure out this size stuff is tripping me up.
http://www.theconsumerlink.com/UNCLEMIK ... 24+0+R/103
Last edited by thestaleness on March 5th, 2010, 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Vega holsters

Post by juniustaylor »

I guess most holsters look about the same to another brand. These look like some of the Galco ones. I think that hole could be better if it had a metal eyelet/grommet. Leather is pretty tough, so it should last quite a while, but the eyelet would probably make it a bit more reinforced. Otherwise, it seems like a pretty decent design. Price seems to be right. Galco wants upwards of $30+ for their versions.

EDIT:
The ambidextrous design is also interesting so you're not stuck left or right only.
Last edited by juniustaylor on March 5th, 2010, 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
camekanix

Re: Vega holsters

Post by camekanix »

Just ordered one so I'll let you all know how it fits as well.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.
camekanix

Re: Vega holsters

Post by camekanix »

The medium Vega holster seems a tad loose but my P64 feels secure enough IWB and the suede feels very good.
P64, CZ82, CZ52 x2, Hi-points, tt33, and many Mosins in a pear tree.