Marschal grips???

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
blackblade

Re: Marschal grips???

Post by blackblade »

vimes wrote:
cubsfan wrote:How do these grips hold up over time? Do they need any special care? I am looking at ordering some for a few of my pistols, but I'd like to know before I do and I know some of members on here have had them for awhile.
Mine have held up well over time. Just be careful when cleaning not to get too much solvent on the grips. One of my grips has a small smudge on it now. :)
I use "Restor-A- Finish" to rub out blemishes on my grips. Sometimes I may get some solvent or cleaner on the grips that strips the finish and I use the restorer to bring the finish back.
vimes

Post by vimes »

blackblade wrote:
vimes wrote:
cubsfan wrote:How do these grips hold up over time? Do they need any special care? I am looking at ordering some for a few of my pistols, but I'd like to know before I do and I know some of members on here have had them for awhile.
Mine have held up well over time. Just be careful when cleaning not to get too much solvent on the grips. One of my grips has a small smudge on it now. :)
I use "Restor-A- Finish" to rub out blemishes on my grips. Sometimes I may get some solvent or cleaner on the grips that strips the finish and I use the restorer to bring the finish back.
Thanks for the heads up on that. I may give a try sometime.
WardenWolf

Post by WardenWolf »

Just ordered a set of black walnut grips for myself and my father's P-64's. His will be his Father's Day present. I was considering doing red shellac walnut on mine like I did with my Makarov grips, but decided these guns just look better all black.
Carrying a Mak may not be PC, but whatever works.
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Mine are just oil rubbed Walnut. Mine are starting to show a little wear, but nothing I can't live with. I still have the stock grips and Handall Jr. I opted for oil rub because I wasn't sure what the other finishes would do. A friend has had a plain unstained set of grips for his 1911, (Walnut). What he used was Tung oil. It's all he uses on his wood working. He showed me on a table he built, he left a water glass on this beautiful table, of course it left a ring. His wife had a fit! He took some 600 grit took out the wet stain. Tack clothed it, then rubbed in Tung oil. You couldn't even tell where the stain was. It produces a beautiful finish, that high lights the wood.
ToolBane

Post by ToolBane »

Please be aware!!!!!!! I ordered a set of grips and damn are they beautiful! I love the looks! HOWEVER!!!! The first time I shot my gun they split! Fine, crap happens, I'll just email him and get replacements..... Right? Nope. I have emailed several times and from all of my email addresses (just in case I didn't use my normal ordering email). All have not been replied to. I didn't mind the wait to get them at all, but this is pissing me off!! VERY disappointed!!
Last edited by ToolBane on July 14th, 2010, 10:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tgclark

Post by tgclark »

I will never use him again. The grips were excellent, the service is horrible. I order some grips that would not fit. He did not respond to emails. Since it took over 45 days to ship, paypal would not refund my money. I have to sell these grips on gunbroker to try to get some of my money back.