Holster for Appendix/AIWB Carry

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
spart

Holster for Appendix/AIWB Carry

Post by spart »

I recently purchased a P64 after shooting a friend's. Terribly impressed with the gun, great accuracy, reliable, super-light SA pull, and quite small. A good copy of the PPK, especially given that it was made by communist slaves. I wish my TT33 had the same build quality as the P64.

Anyway, I carry in the appendix position, probably closer to midline than most, at about 12:30 or 1:00 depending on the gun. The P64 I find I can carry with a slight cant at about 12:30.

Currently, I'm using a Desantis Tuck This II, but I'm looking for other holsters that might fit the bill as well. They don't necessarily have to be tuckable, but it would be nice as I do have to dress formally on occasion.

The one thing that I do appreciate about the Desantis is that it has an integral mag pouch, which is nice considering I can only carry around 7 rounds in the gun. One of my other "concealed" carry pieces is a full-size S&W M&P9, and 7 seems pretty small compared to 18. I'm considering the purchase of an M&P9c as well, which holds 13 rounds, the same as I get with the P64 and a spare mag.

While the mag pouch being integrated into the holster isn't necessary, I would like to carry at least one spare mag IWB.

Anyone else out there who shares my AIWB preference?