Best IWB

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
popeels09

Best IWB

Post by popeels09 »

I want the Desantis cozy partner for my P-64. Is it a better fit to order the PPK or the P-232 style?
tooldawg99

Best IWB

Post by tooldawg99 »

Why not opt for a hoster that is custom molded for the weapon that you have?

The best (closest) fit for a gun seems silly when US Gunleather makes an excellent IWB holster, priced lower than Galco or Desantis or Bianchi, and it is ACTUALLY MADE FOR THE GUN YOU OWN!

I have played the try this one, try that one, this model is CLOSE, but not for this maker.... in my opinion, if you have a great holster available that is the quality equal of the other guys, why not go with him? I am speaking of USGunleather, and can vouch for the quality of his work. As can many others if you check the other postings in this forum.

Just my 2 cents!
stan

Best IWB

Post by stan »

I found this Don Hume IWB for $16.99 on E-bay. It was made for a PPK fits like a glove.
Last edited by stan on July 24th, 2009, 7:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Best IWB

Post by papabear »

stan,

Really good looking IWB holster and appreciate your sharing it with us, however, we have photo size limitations here due to bandwidth and some members have dial up modems and it takes to long for the photo's to come up so we ask that photo sizes be limited to 640x480. Would you please downsize your two photo's. If you need assistance in this endeavor please just ask, other wise we will have to delete your photo's.

BTW: Excellent photo's....... ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
stan

Best IWB

Post by stan »

Done :)
dom

Best IWB

Post by dom »

Stan,
Nice find on the holster, great price.
Any more pics showing the backside with the clip?
goldsmith

Best IWB

Post by goldsmith »

While I haven't tried this company for the P-64, I've used it successfully for others: Blackhills Leather Co. (blackhillsleather.com, I believe). Their model BMHR can be used as a normal IWB, or tuckable. The hanger strap is adjustable for rake. I've used this with a Taurus 445, .44 Special (sorry for the sacrilege) as a cross draw "tuckable". Under most shirts, it pretty much disappears. For speed, I've used western cut shirts, leaving a button open. Since they seem to make these as a precise boned fit for each weapon, I imagine that a weapon as compact as the P-64 would be all but invisible.

I've not tried US gunleather, but it sounds like a great product, and Done Hume is always fantastic, especially for the price.

Thanks for listening.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Best IWB

Post by gunneyrabbit »

You might want to take a look at Dick Funks work, his holsters are made specifically to fit your little Polish Princess, will surly be better fit than available generic holsters and his prices are very competitive. You'd be supporting fledgling cottage industry and get one top quality product at an excellent price.
All you have to do is take a look at Dicks photography, his refinished guns and the photo's of his holsters to see he is a projectionist.
Good luck with your selection!
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on August 31st, 2009, 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
blackblade

Best IWB

Post by blackblade »

Dick's holsters are very comfy. I rarely notice it unless I think about it.

I also got the mag holder. Sometimes I carry in the Nemesis for pocket carry or as a BUG.

- Black Blade
Last edited by blackblade on September 2nd, 2009, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
coastal240

Best IWB

Post by coastal240 »

Best IWB for me is the ClipDraw. I added it to my FEG PA-63 and completely changed my always carry experience. Haven't touched my IWB since!

Tom
big54r

Best IWB

Post by big54r »

I can vouch for dick funk/us gunleather.

I have the IWB and the mag carrier and love them both, great products that are specific to the p-64 and the fit is excellent.
mattwestm

Re: Best IWB

Post by mattwestm »

Has anyone tried this holster? http://sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/pro-t ... x?a=424805

Doesn't look too bad, for the price, I might give it a shot. Can't tell what gun is in the picture, but it looks about the same size as a P-64
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

mattwestm wrote:Has anyone tried this holster? http://sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/pro-t ... x?a=424805

Doesn't look too bad, for the price, I might give it a shot. Can't tell what gun is in the picture, but it looks about the same size as a P-64
It's a Walther PPK, virtually the same size as the P-64. I'm sure it would do just fine. You have to figure the cost of shipping in... you'll have a $20 cheap-looking nylon holster. That holster appears to be too big for that PPK since it's built to accomodate medium frame autos. Lots of folks comment on a mold-to-fit kind sold by someone on eBay and/or GunBroker. You might check it out on here.

EDIT: The mold to fit is for strongside carry outside pants. There's some bulldog kind that was mentioned on carry gear forum.
WardenWolf

Post by WardenWolf »

I use the Don Hume Makarov holster for my P-64. While the P-64 is closer in most aspects to a PPK, it is a little bit longer than a PPK (and exactly the same length as a Makarov), causing it to "bottom out" in a PPK holster a little too early. The Makarov holster provides a better fit for the muzzle of the gun. While it's a little looser up top (but still snug), it's not going to bounce out when on my side and makes drawing the gun much smoother. Overall I think it's a better fit. As a bonus, it also works for my full-size Makarov.
Carrying a Mak may not be PC, but whatever works.
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

Just received my Oak finished P-64 IWB holster from Dick at US Gun Leather. It fits my P-64 very well and trying it on with some of my summer weight shorts have found it to be comfortable, easy to conceal and it holds my P-64 pistol securely. :wink: I have worn many holsters over the years and this one is easily filling the void that I wished that I had years ago for the com-bloc smaller caliber pistols. I can say that it is better to have a custom holster that is made to the individual pistol that you are carrying. :) Dick keep up the professional holster making. Can't wait to see my spare mag carrier. 8) Bruce
Last edited by Sgt P on May 10th, 2010, 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.