pocket holster?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
big54r

pocket holster?

Post by big54r »

hey fellas I need a pocket holster for my p-64 that wont print and wont snag on draw.

Also it can't be to heavy so as not to drag my 'britches down any farther than need be, I am not trying to look like a rapper/punk!

does anyone know of a good rig for this duty or any suggestions?

This pocket holster should round out my p-64 holster gear nicely after I get the new owb holster from dickfunk.
blackblade

pocket holster?

Post by blackblade »

I use a DeSantis Nemesis for my pocker holster (style N38).

I imagine a leather pocket holster would give a different profile but would probably be heavier. I guess there are trade offs.
Last edited by blackblade on May 24th, 2009, 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
big54r

pocket holster?

Post by big54r »

thanx BB I'll check it out.

quick ? 1st, those your rig seem bulky in your pocket and is the 'printing totally gone or can you just not make out what is in the pocket but the rig and wep is contoured slightly?
blackblade

pocket holster?

Post by blackblade »

You can tell there's something if you look because of the bulk, but not what it is. I did see an ad for another pocket holster with what appears to be a P-64 in Sportsman's Guide for about $14 and an ankle holster for about $20.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com

I can't speak to the quailty tho.
Last edited by blackblade on May 24th, 2009, 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tai

Re: pocket holster?

Post by tai »

It's loose in a Uncle Mike's #4 pocket holster but I kind of like it because in a draw the holster will definitely stay in one's pocket. If you want tighter, I guess you might try the next lower size, e.g., a #3, but that is designed for 2" 5-shot revolvers or the Sigma .380. Note this was the designation for a #3 with my New Old Stock package).

A few years back I purchased a Bianchi Ranger "Pocket Change Holster", Size 6, for a Kahr K40,K9, MK40 series (I actually bought it for my CW9). It's been sitting around and I tried placing the P-64 and it fits very nicely.

First two photos are with the Uncle Mike's Size #4 Inside the Pocket Holster (Sidekick-8744-4) , followed by two with the Bianchi Ranger "Pocket Change Holster" Size 6, Model 4501.

Obviously, there's more 'room' for the P-64 in the UM, but more likely to slip out of a given shallow pocket.
And gun seems to print less with the Bianchi due to it's larger and flatter profile. Looks more like a large wallet in front pocket.

My preference would be the Bianchi.

Hope this helps.

Updated: It also fit quite nicely in my DeSantis Nemesis that I use for my J-frame S&W 442 (mine has CT laser grips so I don't remember if different than for regular 442/642. I may post a pic or two later). It's not snug but is slightly 'roomy'- which I kind of like-no problem on the draw. Last two photos.

Hurryin' Hoosier
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Hurryin' Hoosier »

I've tried several different holsters and don't think that you can beat one of Robert Mika's creations. http://www.frontiernet.net/~akim/
"I'm just a poor white man, trying to make my way in the world." - Officer Andy Renko, "Hill Street Blues"
jems101

Post by jems101 »

I've got four Mika holsters, and have used 'em for 3 years.
If you want it, come and get my united cutlery knife