New molded nylon P64 holster: pics

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

While I am waiting for my DickFunk IWB holster, I happened to find this holster on Gunbroker.com. It is sold out of Thailand by sellier Aivia2001, under the listing PPK molded nylon holster. It is supposed to fit the PA63, and I thought it might also fit the P64, so I gave it a shot at 14.95 + 7.50 shipping. I had bought some nice wooden grips from the same seller for my PA63, and just like the grips, the holster arrived on day #8 from payment.

The holster rivals anything made by Bianchi in molded nylon. The stitching is strong, and the belt loops will fit up to 1 3/4 inch belts. The thumb snap is covered in nylon, and no metal to metal rubbing on the gun. It fits like a glove! Sadly, it does NOT fit the PA63: the thumb strap seems to be too short to secure it. However, it fits the P64 perfectly.

If you are in the market for a nice OWB holster, you can't beat the price on this little beauty! It won't conceal nearly as nicely as the Dick Funk, but it is in stock, priced right, and may just be what you are looking for in a less-expensive carry rig. I am very pleased!

Last edited by tooldawg99 on June 13th, 2009, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
amd6547

Post by amd6547 »

That's a nice looking holster, and a bargain...I was wondering--I see it has two belt loops on the back, but can you instead pass your belt through the front behind the holster portion, the picture kind of looks like you might be able to.
Last edited by amd6547 on May 26th, 2009, 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

No, the way the belt slots are made will only allow the belt to run behind the holster, in a strong-side carry. If you are thinking you could run the belt outside the holster, sort of like an IWB rig, you can't. The belt slots have a sort of over-hanging flap that would prevent you from running the belt outside the holster.

The belt slots do allow you to either use the thinner band, as shown, or you can run the belt under the thicker flap AND the thinner band, which make the rig more secure on the belt.

It definitely won't work as an IWB rig.

I also should note that the carry angle of the gun inside the holster is canted, so that the butt of the gun is angled more towards the body, making it ride very close to the body, to make it more concealable... it is still very secure, but you can see the grip is canted inward while in the holster, which is a really nice feature for a Concealed carry rig...especially in a lower-priced rig!
Last edited by tooldawg99 on May 27th, 2009, 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
troy308

Post by troy308 »

I just got one of these holsters. Great value and quality. It also works great with my Kel-tec PF9.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

Glad to hear it worked for you! I am loving mine, too.

I tried to fit my CZ82 in it, and it fits near perfectly, but the thumbstrap won't snap...it's just about 1/2 inch too short to fasten, as it also was too short for the PA63. The PA63 fit really well, but without the thumbstrap I didn't want to wear it on my hip. I like the extra security the strap offers.

I asked the seller if they made one with a slightly longer strap, but he said no, and no plans to make one with an adjustable snap. So it's perfect for the P64... but no-go for the CZ82 and PA63.
srad

Post by srad »

Mine arrived a couple weeks ago... the PA-63 actually fits perfectly and the strap closes fine. Fits the P64 like a glove too. Very nice for the money.
mpi

Post by mpi »

i wonder if that would fit a smc 918 or br61?
irishbob979

Post by irishbob979 »

Just got mine today. Perfect fit. Great bargain.
jpnjross

Post by jpnjross »

Does anyone know if they make these for a southpaw?
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

I think they do. Shoot the seller an email and ask him. He's pretty fast to reply and easy to deal with. They don't make them in a bunch of sizes, as I tried to get some for some other pistols, but I think he does offer a Left hand model.
twistedfocus

Post by twistedfocus »

Thanks for the info. I just ordered one, so hopefully I'll be trying it out in a week or so.
stillkruzn

Post by stillkruzn »

twistedfocus wrote:Thanks for the info. I just ordered one, so hopefully I'll be trying it out in a week or so.
Same here... Ordered mine last night...
twistedfocus

Post by twistedfocus »

Mine came in last night. It does seem very well made considering the low price. My wife couldn't get the retention strap buttoned with the gun in place at first, but once I muscled it on there and left it snapped for a while it seems better.

The only minor complaint I have so far is that the fabric "dot" they put behind the button to protect the gun's finish wasn't stuck on very well. I couldn't find my rubber cement so I used super-glue to reattach it... Well, don't do that. It soaked into the fabric dot and now leaves a bit of white residue on the grip of the gun. Hopefully it will wear off. If not I'll just cut another small piece of fabric and glue it on correctly this time.
stillkruzn

Post by stillkruzn »

Got mine today and the P64 fits perfectly in it... can't wait to carry it...
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

I was wondering how these conceal they seem to be the best fit for the buck! If one of you with the holster doesn't mind taking a pic with the gun under a normal t-shirt and one of it on your belt and posting it that would be awesome.

Thanks, -Tyler