Site Admin
Site Admin

**Handmade IWB Holsters**

Post by dfunk »

Glad you like it, John.
popeels09

Post by popeels09 »

Nice molding! Can you make one with the "wings" a little closer to the holster body. Might make the holster a little more compact. It would still be stable.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

popeels09 wrote:Nice molding! Can you make one with the "wings" a little closer to the holster body. Might make the holster a little more compact. It would still be stable.
Thanks!
This pattern took quite a bit of time to get right, and keeping the rear wing where it's at is part of why it works so well.
You see, you need clearance to get a solid grip on the gun for a positive draw. If that wing was pulled in closer, it would get in the way severely, and would affect performance. I know it seems like it could be pulled in and lowered, but lowering it would make the holster ride higher. I don't think it's as wide as you think it is from pictures.
mpi

Post by mpi »

that looks really nice.
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

Thanks for the great holster and quality leather dickfunk...it was a little tight at first, but I let the gun sit in there for a few days and now it draws perfectly.

dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

My pleasure - it will serve you well for many years.
tooldawg99

Post by tooldawg99 »

I neglected to give my 2 thumbs up for the pancake holster from US Gunleather...

I originally ordered an IWB, but my physical dimensions just make an IWB too uncomfortable to wear... I have a little too much middle to make this a practical means of carry!

When I received the IWB, I was quickly put on the list for a pancake, and received it less than 2 weeks later after returning the IWB. The IWB was gorgeous... well-made, super fit, and I was equally impressed when the pancake arrived!

The US Gunleather pancake holster rivals anything I have ever ordered from Galco, Bianchi, or Desantis. Even better than some of the national names I have ordered from in the past. And to make it even better, it is wet-molded to fit the P64. I tried a few of the major names in PPK/S and Makarov styles, and while they were "close", they just don't fit perfectly, and when I carry a firearm as a CCW permit holder, I want perfect!

From straight out of the bag, the holster fits the p64 perfectly. No need for a thumbstrap, the fit is PERFECT. I have worn the rig for the better part of 2 months, and it has not stretched out a bit. The gun stays put, and holster does not wide or slip once belted up. The angle of carry is perfect, and I am more of a 4:30 carry, as I prefer the rig further away from my front pocket so as not to "tell" when I put or retrieve from my front pocket.

All in all, I wish US GUnleather would branch out and make similar carry rigs for the CZ82! I would be a repeat customer! And I would like to put in my vote for an ankle rig for the p64. Something along the lines of the Galco wet-molded version, which would help better distribute the weight of the gun since it is pretty much a full-covering of the weapon. Ankle would also require a thumb-snap retention strap for extra security.

I would be happy to be your first customer for it!
justaguy

Post by justaguy »

I just ordered my very first leather holster ever from DF, I can't wait to get a quality holster for my P64! ;D
crazymofoinmo

Post by crazymofoinmo »

Ok sorry DickFunk, I only had 9 posts LOL. So here is my Tenth : ) <---this guys a wise ass
music300

Post by music300 »

Dick, any chance of a pancake for the PA 63 anytime soon? John
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

music300 - I wish I had a PA-63, but I don't. There are also zero molds available for them. If you're local to me (Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky), you can bring yours by and we can design a rig for you, otherwise, I'm afraid I can't be of much help!
music300

Post by music300 »

SW VA is a little far. Something else then I guess. Thanks anyway, John
Last edited by music300 on September 2nd, 2009, 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
halljt3

Post by halljt3 »

Looks like great quality holsters! as soon as get some spending money i will def have one made for my p-64!
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

You won't regret buying anything Dick funk does trust me. BTW Dick, how's the baby and momma??
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

They're doing great. He's 2 months now, and very happy!
Thanks for asking!