**Handmade IWB Holsters**

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
Nutnspecial

Re: **Handmade IWB Holsters**

Post by Nutnspecial »

Me too! Living in an "open carry" state (Louisiana), I need something that will serve the "letter of the law" here. I'm looking for OWB with a "thumb break". (my preference, not law). Why? For the reason Black Hawk came out with their Serpa Level 3! Really nice! That Glock is completely Locked!
Again, why? ....the owner of the weapon has total control! Unless....you have just "Level One" retention. I'm not kidding....if the BG (bad guy) can take your weapon from you...guess who LOST! Geezzz....U lost! A holster with OUT a "thumb break" is what the BG wants! He (the BG) can take your weapon from you with no more than a hiccup! ....unless, your last "job" was with Seal Team 6! :)

So, what am I saying??? OWB with thumb break. Ask the P-64 owner that had a "light strike" and "shot his self". (he posted that here)

At the end of all days, who is "better"? I know the answer. None of US! God help those in the State of Illinois.
Overlord475

Post by Overlord475 »

Are these still available, and are the still $55 shipped for forum members?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Overlord475 wrote:Are these still available, and are the still $55 shipped for forum members?
I'm still making gear for the P64 although the price has increased since that first post in 2008. They are now $65 + $3 and I'm posting them for sale on www.usgunleather.com

If you have any more questions, feel free to email me from that site.
Thanks!
peter2011

Post by peter2011 »

I do not have one but White hat holsters are making good ones for P-64 or any. Whitehatholester.com :°
Gary2112

Post by Gary2112 »

I'm going to place an order with US gun leather probably next week or so. Provided he is still taking orders. His holsters are absolutely beautiful. Not to mention, he is a P64 enthusiast, and builds them specifically for this gun.
If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

Just a quick post to say this month marks Year 3 of having my US Gun Leather IWB holster for the P-64.

Still wear it for CC most work days. Retention is still good (still passes the "hold upside down, shake a little" test), with little wear visible on the holster minus some minor scratches I've picked up. Belt loop hardware is holding up just fine; it still takes a bit of effort to un-intentionally unbutton (maybe 4-5 times a year do I manage it, mostly during activities I should take the holster off for in the first place).

Still quite pleased, this is a darned fine holster. :-D
p64-1973

Post by p64-1973 »

Wow. You can really craft the leather! I'll be ordering one of these soon, seeing as though no one seems to make anything for this pistol, other than something for a PPK that does not fit the P-64 correctly. I know because I have PPK/S holsters and the P-64 does fit...kinda, but not so great. Thanks for posting the pics on your holsters. 8)
Those who beat their weapons into plows will do nothing, but till the soil for those who do not.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I'm updating this thread to reflect current items, prices, and contact info.

This November marks 4 years of making holsters for the little P64 and I've loved every minute of it!
I'd like to thank the early adopters, many still active on this board, for going out on a limb and buying some gear from a rookie. If you have an original holster that I hand-stitched and produced around 2008 and 2009 and are the original owner, I'd like to give you a 15% discount on your next order.

All gunleather inquiries and orders should be directed to US GUNLEATHER

P64 holsters start @ $65 + $3 shipping
Prices current as of 8/31/2012

Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Really nice work, I especially like pic 10.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Thanks Curly, that was a fun one to make.
Lefty P64 IWB with half shark coverage. the shark is grippy and really useful for iwb holsters.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

The first holster that you see when you open this page is pretty much exactly the holster that I was asking you to make for me that you told my you couldn't make????????????????? What's up?
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

You were looking for one of these?

If that's the case, we'll get you entered right away. I remember our conversation going in the direction of a SOB cavalry style draw.
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

dfunk. if you go to the first page of this thread and go down to the 12th photo of the rig being worn, that was exactly what I was looking for except left instead of right handed as I wear it in the middle of my back and want the butt facing towards my right side instead of my left which, as you know, is what you get if you try and wear a right handed rig in the middle of your back. I was just having a hard time explaining myself at that particular moment. It was probably due to the two strokes that I had and didn't know about and the subsequent heart attack that I had a few days later. Now that they have me all stented up, three to be exact, I can at least think a little more clearly :D , at any rate the fault is mine not yours. I do apologize for the somewhat snippy post, I reread it and found it to be quite unacceptable. In my own defence I wasn't myself at the time but that still doesn't excuse it. Anyway please forgive my lack of decorum, I could have PMed you but I was man enough to mouth off in public so I should be man enough to apologize in public. I'm sorry.
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Bah, there's no need for apologies.

If you want to pick this conversation up in email, it's no problem. I think you're looking for a reverse cant left handed Model 1. Does that sound right?
wlockridge

Post by wlockridge »

Yes I think that is exactly what I was thinking of but somehow couldn't for the life of me describe. Like you said we;ll pick up in email. Thanks for the understanding.