**Handmade IWB Holsters**

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
big54r

Post by big54r »

HEY DICKFUNK,

I didn't know you made carriers for the lil "pole" mags.

send details as I would like some, maybe a 2 mag carrier.

I like my leather carriers to have a high body on them exposing only the last 1/4 of the mag for more stability, if posssible.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

big54r wrote:HEY DICKFUNK,

I didn't know you made carriers for the lil "pole" mags.

send details as I would like some, maybe a 2 mag carrier.

I like my leather carriers to have a high body on them exposing only the last 1/4 of the mag for more stability, if posssible.
Sure do - check this thread: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=2355

I only have this pattern for a single mag carrier at the moment, but could fashion a double out of it. The single is very secure, and rides pretty high. There's only about 1/4" that sits below the bottom of the belt.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

First post updated.
primarchbentley

Post by primarchbentley »

After close to a week, I figure I owe a review of mine. ;)

First off, dickfunk has been very quick to reply to email, and was on the ball even when there was a glitch with USPS delivery. "Very good customer support" would be the term, I believe (including the quality guarantee and care instructions that came with the delivery).

The construction is very good, with a nice, thick leather that I'm sure will give me a long life of use. I think I'm glad the design changed to the thicker leather and minus the mouth band.

This is actually my first IWB; it showed up in the mail the same day as my permit. :D I put it on the day I received it and wore it to work that day. After figuring out placement and getting past "Okay, I'm wearing a firearm now...", the P64 went from an additional weight on my belt, to a barely noticable additional weight on my belt. I'm a pretty big guy, and keeping this holster at 3 o'clock has been fine sitting, standing, and generally moving all around. I can draw from this holster well, and the leather is stiff enough that I have no problems with reholstering. Retention is good, I don't have any worries about my P64 slipping free.

A big part of concealed carry is to carry consistently. With this holster, I don't foresee any days of "Ugh, I'd rather not deal with that today."

Pics:
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I'm glad you like it.
FYI, I'm going to start directing all orders to www.usgunleather.com
Thanks!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

First post updated - new MARPAT finish available.
crazymofoinmo

Post by crazymofoinmo »

I just got my new dickfunk "US Gunleather" holster. Let me tell you, this guy is good. What a great holster, definately better than others I have owned. If you don't have one, you better get one.
swd

Post by swd »

Very nice holsters. Do you plan to make any outside the waist pancake style holsters?

Thank
SWD
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

swd wrote:Very nice holsters. Do you plan to make any outside the waist pancake style holsters?

Thank
SWD
Most certainly - email me at www.usgunleather.com and we'll get the ball rolling!
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

Today, I ran a bunch of errands to get ready for next weeks camping trip. I came back from Wal-Mart and started getting the camper ready. I didn't intend to wash it, but before I knew it I was in the zone. Two hrs. went by before I realized that I had worn my Dickfunk holster the whole time. It was wet, gun was wet, pants weighed about 50 lbs. My point is, that is a comfortable holster. Just wanted to say it. Later Don
rottenrick

Post by rottenrick »

Do they make left handed models??? Also interested in a double mag.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

rottenrick,
I make left and right hand models. Visit www.usgunleather.com and take a look around. If you have any questions, email me ( p64@insightbb.com ). Thanks!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

olympus wrote:It looks like a high quality product. But what about those of us who don't wear belts everyday? Do you make an IWB holster that uses a clip? You wouldn't have to use the extra leather. Just make it to where you could put a metal clip on the side of the holster. Change the shape of the top sides of the holster and make the it clip able to mount on either side of the holster and you'll have an ambidextorous holster. What about a "tuckable" holster? Do you make those? I would really go for one of those since I have to dress up for work everyday.
The Kydex is on it's way - stay tuned for a tuckable model - ETA is ~3 weeks. :)
hairypolack

Post by hairypolack »

oh yeah, just ordered mine today!
shinerjohn

Post by shinerjohn »

Love the holster, dickfunk!

I recommend it without qualification!!!
Thanks!