**Handmade IWB Holsters**

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I'll be making these P64 IWB's with 2 adjustable heavy duty black snap straps to order. These holsters are made from 7-8 oz hide and are hand saddle stitched for strength. The pistol rides high enough for a sure grip but low enough to conceal perfectly.
Choose leather colors: saddle tan (pictured), dark brown or black.
Choose thread color: white or black

$55 shipped (USA only)
I can accept - Image
Extra straps $10 shipped (attaches with a phillips head screw)
<s>Email me: p64@insightbb.com </s>
Order here: www.usgunleather.com
Thanks!

NEW! MARPAT finish!

*Edit*
After several trials with the 7-8oz leather, it's become apparent that this design does not require a mouth band. From now on, holsters will be produced without the band as seen in the photos below.

// Holster to show new marpat finish

// older design photos to show available colors/thread

Last edited by dfunk on April 15th, 2009, 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
olympus

Post by olympus »

It looks like a high quality product. But what about those of us who don't wear belts everyday? Do you make an IWB holster that uses a clip? You wouldn't have to use the extra leather. Just make it to where you could put a metal clip on the side of the holster. Change the shape of the top sides of the holster and make the it clip able to mount on either side of the holster and you'll have an ambidextorous holster. What about a "tuckable" holster? Do you make those? I would really go for one of those since I have to dress up for work everyday.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

olympus wrote:It looks like a high quality product. But what about those of us who don't wear belts everyday? Do you make an IWB holster that uses a clip? You wouldn't have to use the extra leather. Just make it to where you could put a metal clip on the side of the holster. Change the shape of the top sides of the holster and make the it clip able to mount on either side of the holster and you'll have an ambidextorous holster. What about a "tuckable" holster? Do you make those? I would really go for one of those since I have to dress up for work everyday.
olympus, i have a couple thoughts on your post and you really got me thinking...
Those metal clips aren't very strong - especially if they only had a thin layer of denim or wool (slacks) to hold onto. The retention in these is solid - I'd wager the clip would come right off when you went to draw, thus rendering it useless. So, as a result, I probably won't be going that route any time soon.
Regarding tuckable holsters, I have a pattern in the works, but again, would include leather loops instead of clips and would require a belt. If you must carry without a belt, I'd suggest a pocket holster (something I haven't made a pattern for yet), as they would allow you to wear any pants with little to no printing. In any case, a strong solid belt really makes all the difference, in my opinion. Still, stay tuned for new patterns...
:)
olympus

Post by olympus »

I'll keep my eye out for new patterns. But I wouldn't through out the clip idea without a little experimentation. I know several large brands use a clip design. Now I can speak from experience, the plastic clips are worthless. But I had a nylon IWB holster for my Beretta PX4 that was ambi and used a metal clip. The clip had a little bump at the bottom that would snag on your pants to keep from you drawing the holster out. It was difficult to put on because you couldn't simply slide the clip down your waistband because of that bump. I had to spread the clip open to get it on my waistband then I'd let it snap back. It held a PX4 with 15 rounds in my pants without a belt with no problem. Because it was nylon, it wasn't as tight fitting as a leather so that probably helped keep the holster down, but the little clip worked surprisingly well. To get the holster off, I'd have to remove the gun first then open up the clip and pull it off. Just some food for thought. And what about small of the back holsters for IWB? Do you have any plans for them in the future?
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Oddly enough, specialized clips like that aren't easy to find in bulk. I won't throw out the idea, but I can tell you, this design eliminates the extra thickness added to side of the pistol with a clip (or belt loop for that matter). This pattern keeps it nice and thin and the weight balanced with little to no shifting. I certainly appreciate the feedback and welcome any more of - keep it coming!!!
big54r

Post by big54r »

DickFunk just curious but how "snug" is the p64 in this holster?

Is there a chance of it falling out with some kind of "activity"?

Is there a way to make the holster/wep ride lower on the hip, I have a "belly and handles ;);D)" and would like to have the "rig" ride lower maybe?

I don't want the "handles" to print the "rig" if ya know what I mean... :D :D
Last edited by big54r on December 11th, 2008, 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

big54r wrote:DickFunk just curious but how "snug" is the p64 in this holster?

Is there a chance of it falling out with some kind of "activity"?

Is there a way to make the holster/wep ride lower on the hip, I have a "belly and handles ;);D)" and would like to have the "rig" ride lower maybe?

I don't want the "handles" to print the "rig" if ya know what I mean... :D :D
The pistol is snug enough in the rig to run with it on without concern of it slipping. I should have posted a different photo of me wearing it - it is higher in the photo than it would normally be. Don bought that particular rig, so he would probably be a good person to chime in as well.
2nd post in this thread: http://p64.proboards67.com/index.cgi?bo ... hread=2307
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

big54r, I also have a "belly with handles", and have no problem with printing. Usually wear a light coat or sport coat, but I have been shopping with the holster only covered by a sweat shirt. It seems to have a very snug fit, and I don't foresee me doing anything active enough to shake it loose. Now I'm back to the "belly with handles" again. Later Don
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

*updated with more pics and added dark brown as an option.
big54r

Post by big54r »

thanx Don I appreciate the reply.

those darn handles are a bear to carry everyday!... ;D

Chris I like the look of the black holster alot...I can't wait to get mine in...hopefully before christmas...if not then ok I know the mail is way busy!

the holster is my "present" to myself!...that way I know i'll get something I want and like!... ;) ::)
olympus

Post by olympus »

the holster is my "present" to myself!...that way I know i'll get something I want and like!...
Sounds a lot like what I did with my P-64! Funny story so I guess I'll tell it here. I'm a big gun nut personally. The misses enjoys guns too, but only a few times a year. She says I get OCD about guns and has lately been on me about my spending habits claiming that we have other things that need to be done before spending money on guns. So I decided to order my little Polish and went ahead and did it without telling her I was going to. That night I came home and told her I was "thinking" about buying a new gun and left out the part that I had already bought it several hours earlier. She went off the handle out me buying too many guns and blah blah blah. So I knew I was in deep crap if she was that mad about me "thinking" about buying a new gun. So I got on the phone and told Dad that I hoped he hadn't bought me anything for Christmas yet, because he just bought me a new pistol. So I escaped an angry woman by the skin of my teeth. And I got a new pistol for myself for Christmas!
big54r

Post by big54r »

funny story olympus ;D

I just got my dickfunk p64 holster in black with white trim.

It is awesome and fits nicely with know printing at all.

thanx Chris!
big54r

Post by big54r »

Hey guy's i'm wearing my dickfunk holster as I type this and it's so awesome my BIL had to comment on how nice it was when I showed him my "present to myself".

no printing and so comfortable it's "not" there.

I'm moving about mingling with fam n friends and know 1 know's it's there but me!

thanx Chris for a great holster!
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

My pleasure, sir!
rickk1974

Post by rickk1974 »

I got my holster a few days back, immediately when I opened the envelope I saw it was top notch. The grade of leather, the cut, the mold the stitching all excellent. I got home from work today and wore it out tonight. HANDS DOWN THE MOST COMFORTABLE HOLSTER I OWN (I have 15 pistols each with a leather conceal holster). perfect slide in and out of the holster, I can't say enough about it. Great job man! I am looking forward to getting my dickfunk mag carrier in the mail tomorrow, these are my belated Christmas presents to myself!