Don't laugh - 1st try

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dolang1 »

Great job. I have done some holster work and like Barnett3006, I have awled myself. By my calculations, you have made all 3 of those holsters since September 18. I have 2 holsters on order from Brigade since May. My finger (the one with the awl hole) is poised over the Paypal button, so when you decide to sell , I'm ready to buy. Later Don
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dfunk »

dolang1 wrote:Great job. I have done some holster work and like Barnett3006, I have awled myself. By my calculations, you have made all 3 of those holsters since September 18. I have 2 holsters on order from Brigade since May. My finger (the one with the awl hole) is poised over the Paypal button, so when you decide to sell , I'm ready to buy. Later Don
I thank you, sir. I am currently working on 2 of them (most recent pattern in this post), and will have them up for sale as soon as they're ready. One lefty and one right.
gotmak

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by gotmak »

1st attempt... Image

2nd attempt and finished holster...Image Image

Ahhh, haaaa, haaa! Had to be the first to giggle. Very nice little addition to your wardrobe, and to have the satisfaction that you did it yourself, a job well done.
hairypolack

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by hairypolack »

I really dig that third attempt. Looks pretty clean to me.
swd

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by swd »

When you are ready for selling these, starting posting or maybe create your own web site that we can jump to it for ordering. Very nice set-up. Thanks for the Pics
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dfunk »

swd wrote:When you are ready for selling these, starting posting or maybe create your own web site that we can jump to it for ordering. Very nice set-up. Thanks for the Pics
Will do - I'll post them up for sale on the Buy Sell Trade section and possibly this thread. I have 2 prototypes that I won't be using and will sell them at a lower price. They may have some inconsistencies in the finish, ride at different heights, and one has a line of stitching that serves absolutely no purpose, but they are usable. Thanks for the kind words!
oppy

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by oppy »

Count me in as well. Your last attempt looks outstanding. Have you worked with leather much in the past or is this truly trial and error?
The Trouble with trouble is that it always starts out as fun.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dfunk »

Oppy wrote:Count me in as well. Your last attempt looks outstanding. Have you worked with leather much in the past or is this truly trial and error?
Thanks oppy! This is all trial and error for me - but I know what I like.
I have listed 2 IWB holsters for sale in this board - go ahead and check them out. I have since been working on a different pattern - something with a little more stability. The only issue I have with this new one is that it takes a little more time - but, it's worth it. Here's a couple shots:

big54r

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by big54r »

OK I see who the holster maker is know...dickfunk...good looking work.

I'm interested in one how can I get it and price?

I like the way the holster is molded so well. 8-)
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dfunk »

PM sent!
hickboyy

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by hickboyy »

DANG, YOU GOT SKILL!!!!!

If I didn't know any better, I'd say the last three were commercially made. The way you molded and stitched them looks really professional. I have dabbled in the art of holster making, but I don't have the good quality leather to make good ones.

Nice job.

HB
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dfunk »

Thank you, sir.
p64

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by p64 »

dickfunk wrote:***Round 3***

Here's round 3.
This time, I'm even closer. I have a small tweak to do to my pattern, and then I think I'm satisfied. We took the dogs for a walk on the nature trail today and I wore this one out. I had it around 5 o'clock and it wasn't visible in the least - it was also very comfortable. The draw is smooth and the mouth stays open even inside the waistband for one-handed reholstering.

That looks professional.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by grayfox »

Man you should be proud! You make a very good looking holster. I think you could start a business.....
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Don't laugh - 1st try

Post by dfunk »

Thanks guys. I seem to always have an order on the bench now under the name US GUNLEATHER. I really enjoy making them, and enjoy even more people acquiring custom leather who never thought they could afford it.