How to carry...

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
thurston

How to carry...

Post by thurston »

i carry in the back pocket and oil it at least once a day. here in the south we sweat, and that aint good for your guns.
hairypolack

How to carry...

Post by hairypolack »

mrcrabby01 wrote:lemme clarify ^^^^ with ebonics

Gangstas carry without holsters in the waistband.

Gangsters carry in guitar/violin cases or sometimes boxes of flowers.

Gangstas have no honor

Gangsters played the game with honor.
hickboyy

How to carry...

Post by hickboyy »

6+1, hammer down, no safety in a Pager Pal for me. Just tried it for the past couple of days and find it much more comfy than its bigger brother the makarov. I just miss the piece of mind of those two extra rounds I am giving up.

HB
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to carry...

Post by dfunk »

Make sure you shoot it plenty in the 6+1 state - many report ftf's with the +1.
Better safe than sorry.
fritzhund

How to carry...

Post by fritzhund »

anjdrifter wrote:Himmel we call that gangster style back east.
:(

We call it Ni#@&r style in Philly!

Fritzhund
Last edited by fritzhund on February 8th, 2009, 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
Hunter S. Thompson: Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
polypet

How to carry...

Post by polypet »

Mine is 6+0 with safety off for a quick slide pull. The alternative would be 6+1 with safety on but I think pulling the slide is faster than taking the safety off and cocking for a single action.

Otherwise, I would not feel very comfortable with the gun being safe for me and my surrounding.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to carry...

Post by dfunk »

To each his own. I personally feel that an unloaded gun is nothing but a paperweight. A slide rack in a SD situation spells trouble, in my opinion. I carry 5+1, safety off (in one of my own holsters, no doubt ;) ).
wsps1990

How to carry...

Post by wsps1990 »

6+1, safety on, Uncle Mike's # 1 ITW, small of th' back
desertdave

How to carry...

Post by desertdave »

This is a helpful discussion! Anybody else have a better idea? I have a Bianchi IWB that seems OK, doesn't print.....DesertDave 8-)
Last edited by desertdave on July 13th, 2009, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thesurf777

How to carry...

Post by thesurf777 »

I carry 6 + 1, Safety off, pull is enough as it is heavier than a revolver. In most real life situations you are lucky to get the gun out and point it straight, forget about racking and taking off safety's. I can do both very fast, but when the fight or flight hits, your lucky you can remember you even have a gun LOL. Look, their are many police officers who had to use a gun within 5 to 10 feet, and after shooting 7 shoots or more realize they only hit the perp 1x. Sounds strange, but it is easy to shoot for nothing but fun, but shoot for the grand prize (your life) and in truth you go blind. Loaded, safety off and out of your way, just point and shoot.
overkill556x45

How to carry...

Post by overkill556x45 »

"I carry my P64 6+1, safety on, spare mag in left pocket. I carry a mixed load of JHP and FMJ. "

That's how I'd do it. I don't CCW right now. I live in an extremely rural part of IA (county population <8500) and the SD hasn't held the class since this time last year. I've been waiting almost 11 months to take the class.

I do "practice" on the farm where it's legal for me to carry (on my land). I like my M&P9C about 4 o'clock IWB (Desantis Tuck This) with the barrel right in line with my wallet. Very comfortable and gives me a reasonably fast draw. I plan on carrying my P64 the same way, or with a Desantis Nemesis in a jacket pocket (inner breast pocket, James Bond style). When it comes to CCW, I'd say stick as much ammo as you can in that thing and hope for the best.

My P64 will have the safety ON because I'm going to install the Wolf 17lb hammer spring to cure the 27lb DA pull. My M&P's trigger breaks at about 4.5lbs. That seems more acceptable.
Sgt P

How to carry...

Post by Sgt P »

After carrying a pistol/rifle combo for the last 23 years in the military. For me the pistol is carried one in the barrel and the rest in the magazine, safety off. The P-64 for me is carried 5 in the magazine, one on the barrel with the safety off. The pistol was used as a last resort, when your rifle ran dry and you were out of ammo, :o or a rifle malfunction made the rifle inoperative or you could not clear it, then the pistol came out. Pure and simple. ;) Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on August 30th, 2009, 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cz82luvr

How to carry...

Post by cz82luvr »

I always likened these to mini 1911's. I carry 6+1, hammer cocked, safety ON. ;)
Last edited by cz82luvr on October 25th, 2009, 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[b]"Experience hath shown, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny." - Thomas Jefferson[/b]
donnerwetter58

How to carry...

Post by donnerwetter58 »

cz82luvr,
How do you manage to carry a P-64 hammer cocked, safety on?
The safety is a decocker. If you cock the hammer and apply the safety (decocker) it will drop the hammer.
If your P-64 works otherwise you have a malfunction.
coastal240

How to carry...

Post by coastal240 »

I carry a PA-63, 7+1 with safety on. But best of all I use the ClipDraw and retired my IWB holster.

Tom