How to carry...

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
stover

How to carry...

Post by stover »

I assume "CZ82Luvr" is talking about how he carries his CZ 82.
donnerwetter58

How to carry...

Post by donnerwetter58 »

If he were referring to how he carries his CZ-82, "6+1" would be a magazine at half capacity. This is surely possible though.
In addition, some have posted here in reference to the "3 position safety" on their P-64. Finding a position in between "safe" and "fire". The safety was designed for only 2 positions.
Hope this helps.
stover

How to carry...

Post by stover »

Thats what I get for posting at 2am. Good point. Hopefully the O.P. will enlighten.
hardcorekeith

How to carry...

Post by hardcorekeith »

For those who carry without a chambered round, just wondering: do you also carry your revolvers with the first chamber empty? Or perhaps both the one under the hammer, and the next one too. Hmm.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to carry...

Post by dfunk »

It was common for single actions to be carried on an empty chamber so there were only 5 in the cylinder. I've heard of many people who were raised on farms that did/do the same thing, and always have. I think carrying an auto on an empty chamber is a great way to make yourself a victim, though.
kragluver

How to carry...

Post by kragluver »

5+1, safety on. I've tried both IWB (tucked and untucked depending on the occasion) and pocket carry. I found pocket carry to be uncomfortable for me and I like IWB at about the 4:00 position.
nitrousnoel

How to carry...

Post by nitrousnoel »

gunneyrabbit wrote:Himmel, what the H E double Hockey sticks is Mexican carry? I've heard the statement quite often and don't understand what it means. I know that no racial slur is intended, but I just don't get it.
G.R.
If you've ever noticed the "old westerns", the mexican cowboys most of the time wore their second 6 shooters in front waist with no holster along with the one holstered on the hip. So it later became trademarked "Mexican Carry".
josey88

How to carry...

Post by josey88 »

For a firearm that has a capacity of only 6 rds , to carry it on 5+1 is a tremendous waste of firepower, in my opinion. I rotate my pistols for carry every 2 or 3 weeks , and when I carry any of my two Berettas , since they are high capacity weapons with a 18 rds mag , I usually carry them 17+1 , to aleviate the mag spring , but I still have 18 rds of 9mm ready. When I carry my HK45C that has a capacity of 8+1 , I carry it like that , a full capacity . One rd is a big difference . Just my 2 cents.
bigduke6

How to carry...

Post by bigduke6 »

+1 what josey88 said
hangfire

How to carry...

Post by hangfire »

The GunMate size 06 (medium frame pistol) nylon pancake holster fits the P-64 like a glove. I've tried a half dozen different OWB holsters, this one's the best I've found, very functional and comfortable for everyday wear. It won't break the bank either, 12 bucks and change from Midway, link below.

hangfire

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?p ... ber=443888
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

How to carry...

Post by papabear »

Not trying to hijack this thread, but I see there is a difference of opinion here about what is called "Mexican Carry" and "Gangster" carry. These are two different carries. Generally, the Mexican carry was at 11-12 o'clock and could be easily seen and the gun was stuck inside the belt and not inside the pants, Hollywood changed all that. With gangster carry, the gun is placed inside the waist band at 9-10 o'clock and generally out of sight. Some even call caring a handgun in the 6 o'clock position Mexican carry, however, all these carries are without a holster. The Mexican carry is subjective, as a lot of theories are but this was explained to me by a person of Mexican decent and ex service guy I was stationed with years ago so that is where my info comes for Mexican carry, as for the Gangster carry, well I am of second Italian decent.

To be a part of the original question "Carry Gear, Holster, etc, I carry my P-64 ,CZ82 and Makarov with a clip draw in a cross draw position because for me while driving I can get to my weapon much quicker and with 6+1 and safety off, the DA pull is my safety, I feel in a SD mode I only have time to point and shot, which I practice often with all my carry handguns. I might add also that I do pocket carry at times and I do have a few OWB holsters also.

Note: Most states require a holster be used for CCW and all the above carries are illegal.
Last edited by papabear on March 1st, 2010, 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
buds

Re: How to carry...

Post by buds »

I carry mine 6+1 condition 2 w/ safety on. I've practiced enough drawing and clicking off the safety to be comfortable. I'd advise against anyone carrying without one in the pipe. It kind of defeats the reason for carry. Time is crucial in a crisis and who has time to run the slide if you have to draw.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

+1 buds Definitely practicing the draw and clicking the safety to FIRE during the draw is important. I changed out my safety detent plunger with a more "rounded" point one and it's a bit mushy, but easier to position between SAFE and FIRE than the un-adultered other one I have.
Arik

Post by Arik »

I carry my 6+1 hammer up safty off. The trigger pull is heavy that I'm not afraid of it catching on something and I'm a lefty so working the safty is a pain in the ass. I just treat the gun as a single action. Draw, pull hammer down.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

One in the chamber and no safety. The DA trigger is enough of a safety.