Pocket Carry Holster ?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

What types of pocket carry holsters do you fellows use, I'm in the market for one and would like something as light and thin as possible so I would like as many suggestions as I can get.
Thanks for your input in advance ,
Gunney Rabbit.
drogers

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by drogers »

I like the one I purchased from Brigade Gun Leather.
http://www.brigadegunleather.com/m-42.html
Don
redfestiva

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by redfestiva »

gunnyrabbit,
I don't often carry in my pocket but when I do I use this inexpensive "Uncle Mike's sidekick". It has enough grip so that it stays put if you draw the pistol out. It is about as thin as you could get.It has a suede feel to it.
Last edited by redfestiva on February 4th, 2008, 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by papabear »

I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, works very well for me.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Thanks guys, I'll take a look at both.
G.R.
lcberlin

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by lcberlin »

I have a dumb question for y'all.....

In which pocket are you going to carry a P-64? I like the idea of pocket carry, cuz so far the IWB holsters don't cut it for me. I have been considering a Kangaroo set up... http://www.kangarooind.com/ ...but ain't sure about that one either. I wear blue jeans 99 & 44/100% of the time.
diehard

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by diehard »

I pocket carry almost exclusively. I have pretty much changed my wardrobe to include BDU's (various colors and styles), cargo pants, and loose fitting carpenter jeans. Most of the time I carry a small caliber pocket gun, but I also carry the P-64 in a Mika pocket holster--tucked in either my right front or right cargo pocket. The tighter the fit of the pants, the smaller the gun has to be to able to deploy it effectively. Also, loose pockets are necessary to avoid the dreaded "print." If you like your pants tight, then pocket carry may not be for you, especially for the P-64.

edit: there is a trick to avoid printing with some pants: cut out a squarish piece of a plastic milk jug or detergent bottle the size of your pocket. Insert it into your pocket between your pants and the pocket holster. If it does print, its looks like you have a wallet in your pocket.
Last edited by diehard on February 7th, 2008, 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by papabear »

icberlin,

For me, I carry my DeSantis in my strong side front pocket, the only print I get from it makes it look like a wallet. I have a friend that let me use his Kangaroo holster and I didn't care for it, to hard to get to my gun and not comfortable for me, however, he liked it. You said the IWB holsters didn't cut it for you, however, have you tried a Clipdraw that is a IWB type. http://www.clipdraw.com/

I really like mine, I can carry it a few different ways, strong side, cross draw, Mexican carry and gangster carry. However, I don't ware it the same as in the pic on the Clipdraw site, I carry it with the clip on the waist band of my pants and put the belt over the clip, this way it holds the clip in place and keeps the gun in a firm position. The Clipdraw can be taken off with out harming the finish and place on the other side of your gun to carry it in the different ways I mentioned above. Just my $0.02 worth.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by grayfox »

I traded a P-64 with clip draw for a mint sks Tula, mainly because it was going to a friend. If anyone needs the extra rubber strips, pm me with an address & I'll mail them to you. ;)
retiredsailor

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by retiredsailor »

I carry mine just exactly like redfestiva.

Thanks for the pic.....might as well be mine, too LOL
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by grayfox »

I also carry in my back right jeans pocket, never got use to the front pocket. I also use the Mikes holster, but Mitch Rosen has a great back pocket holster. Another trick is to buy the long biker wallet, cut a slit in the back and it just looks like a wallet. :)
southpaw

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by southpaw »

What about the desantis superfly, and also are there any leather pocket carry options?
Last edited by southpaw on June 20th, 2009, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davebaird

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by davebaird »

I just bought a Wild Bill's leather pocket holster for the PPK and it fits the P64 very well. It is very well made, smooth inside and rough outside for only $30!!! ;) I do not know the owner, so here is the contact info if interested: www.wildbillsconcealment.com . I have not worn it yet, but besides the gun fitting just about perfect, it being a high quality leather for only $30, the claw is pretty big so I see no problems with an upside down gun occuring, I'm excited! Dave

Turn down the volume before clicking that link!! :o
Last edited by davebaird on June 22nd, 2009, 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
seldon14

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by seldon14 »

papabear wrote:I use a DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster, works very well for me.

papabear
What size/style Nemisis fits the P64?
Sgt P

Pocket Carry Holster ?

Post by Sgt P »

I used to place my small carry pistols in my strong side pocket using an Uncle Mikes rig or a Desantis Nemisis N38BJG3Z0 for my Keltec P3AT. But the rig from Desantis will work for the P-64 pistol as mentioned above by Papabear.

Also another thing that we used to do when we carried a pocket holster for our Walther PPKs was have a seamstress ( or do it ourselves ) sew either velcro or make an inner pocket to hold our pistol/pocket holster. It is important to determine which holster that we were going to carry off duty. As you want something that can secure the weapon, but be comfortable.

As many of us now wear the lighter weight tactical pants, be it 511s, royal robbins, etc , they have pockets that basically swallow whatever small-medium pistol-revolver that you want to carry. S & W N-frames are a little too BIG guys. But I hope that you see my point.

Its a simple addition that some people like. I wore the thunder wear rig for a while while stationed down in the FL Keys, but with the humidity it makes it a little discomforting when your sweat your bal_s off. Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on July 11th, 2009, 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.