trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Neat holster Idea (pretty cheap to)

Post by trent »

michaelap

Post by michaelap »

so what do you do cut away the inside of the trousers?
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

apparently you put 3 slits in the back of the pocket (which is the reason I'm hesitant to buy one and try)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Post by carguy »

Maybe my 50 year old brain just stopped working but I don't get it. If the cargo pocket is big enough...pocket carry. Why ruin a pair of pants for a holster that straps to you leg through the pants yet continues to sit in the pocket?? I don't get it.

And the guy with the sunglasses and goatee in the video...is a dead ringer for my cousin in New Hampshire!!! I had to call to see if it was him or not...haven't heard yet but I think that's the best part of this website. I still don't get the holster. :'(
slackone

Post by slackone »

Ever carried a pistol in a cargo pocket, especially cargo shorts? There are a few things that really ball it up.

1) The pistol won't stay upright. It'll tumble, usually into just the wrong position to draw.
2) It'll whack the crap out of your knee/thigh constantly, if the pants aren't skin tight.
3) It'll, for lack of a better term, make the pant leg "run around" your leg, and you'll end up with the pistol in your knee-pit if you try to sit down.

The holster's leg straps most likely take care of all three of those issues...the pistol stays upright, doesn't bang around, and might not spin around on you.

I don't know if I'm quite "mall commando" enough to wear a tactical rig under my pants, but it does have a number of upsides...especially the mag holsters for the offhand side. And the separate belt for the system is kind of appealing, as it'll keep my shorts from pulling down when I hide my Glock 18 and all my 32 shot clips :P
Last edited by slackone on November 5th, 2007, 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
butch50

Post by butch50 »

Maybe my 50 plus year old brain is vapor locked, but I won't be wearing cargo pants anytime soon. Other than that, it isn't all that bad of an idea - kind of in the same genre as the smartcarry. I purchased one of those smartcarry holsters, it worked OK, but I just never liked having a pistol floating around my crotch area. :'(
Last edited by butch50 on November 10th, 2007, 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by trent »

I think I'll get one one of these days and try it out for you guys (but it may be a while, I've been spending too much money lately and need to back off)
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

Man, I won't even look at MYSELF in a pair of shorts. I guess that the garter method just ain't for blinddog.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

Well, I'm 52, and I have a few pairs of cargo pants--but I also still try to play soccer and b-ball with my sons and their school-aged friends--so my brain is probably vapor-locked too! LOL! But I agree, loose carry in a cargo pocket is generally an uncomfortable proposition--so I use the regular side pocket for that sort of thing, maybe with a folded-up hanky to break up the outline...
butch50

Post by butch50 »

A wee bit of vapor must have escaped my brain, I found a good use for the smart carry - when I am wearing sweat pants and moving around outside, like walking or yardwork. Works a treat then as it puts no weight on the sweats.

Still not crazy about the barrel position, but logically it is as safe as having it in my pants pocket I guess.
ritasamson

Re: Neat holster Idea (pretty cheap to)

Post by ritasamson »

cutting trouser not looks good because jean short is better than it.
big54r

Re: Neat holster Idea (pretty cheap to)

Post by big54r »

I wear cargo's alot but that system just doesn't seem ...idk
I use a pocket holster for my p-64 when I carry in cargo's and it works fine...stay's in position.