I got a Clip Draw

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by carguy »

and I like it!
Why didn't anyone ever mention how cool this thing is before? ::)

Alright, alright I'm pretty sure papabear and anjdrifter had mentioned them just a couple of times before. But I finally had to find out for myself. This is definitely convenient and I can't believe how secure it feels even though the clip is stuck on with tape... :'(

Going back to our last conversation about holsters...do those laws specify holster or carry device. Would this qualify as it is additional to the pistol for the purpose of secure carry?

I can't imagine ever carrying in a holster again! I may have to buy more... 8-)
Last edited by carguy on October 2nd, 2007, 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
reprisejim

I got a Clip Draw

Post by reprisejim »

Unless you are left handed I assume that you are wearing it in the waistband? If so, how does it feel? Is there any extra rubbing (grip, slide, etc.) that gets uncomfortable? I wouldn't mind a little less width for IWB but the leather between me and the gun seams to me as a little less chafe.

BTW: In case anyone is wondering, I am not against carrying the P64 (or many other guns) this way OR "mexican" style unless you are carrying the gun with one in the tube, the safety off, and the gun cocked!!! ::)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by trent »

it is considered a legal holster, at least in GA
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by carguy »

I was dumbfounded once I put it on...it is so comfortable!

I think it has less friction as there is less bulk there!

Yes IWB carry. It feels extremely secure and stable. The clip (spring metal) is very strong. Unless it loosens up over time this will be a one hand draw but a 2 handed replacement as I definitely need to pry the curved point up a little to get it started.

I was actually trying it on a pair of sweat pants...normal wear with a leather belt to clip onto will probably be easier...it should slide onto the polished leather easier.

The only concern I can imagine is friction of my garments (shirt, pants etc.) on the finish of the pistol. In a holster the finish is protected here it is exposed to rub up against my clothes. I'll keep an eye on that (I don't carry daily so I can't imagine it being a problem).

And for those that don't understand the set up...there are 3 layers on the gun.
1) double sided adhesive strip
2) drilled/tapped metal strip that sticks to the adhesive
3) spring metal clip that screws to the metal strip

Unscrew the clip then the metal strip and adhesive peel right off! No damage to the finish!! 8-)
Last edited by carguy on October 2nd, 2007, 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

I got a Clip Draw

Post by dfunk »

The only concern I can imagine is friction of my garments (shirt, pants etc.) on the finish of the pistol.
I'd say your cotton clothing will do nothing to the finish. I just re-blued a pitted part on the receiver of my Mosin Nagant, and part of that process (the end) is buffing with steel wool. I would be more concerned with sweat than anything, as it will harm the finish.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

I got a Clip Draw

Post by papabear »

carguy,

I have had my Clipdraw for over a year and the tension on the clip is just as strong today as it was when I first got it. Its a one hand draw and two hand recovery for me too. I have used it quite a bit and the finish on the pistol and clipdraw have not been effected in the least.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by carguy »

Thanks...I think this is the best advice I've received on the P-64 to date... :-*...I really love this thing!
butch50

I got a Clip Draw

Post by butch50 »

How does it feel on a hot summer day?

We get over 100 here pretty regular for 3 months out of the year, and sweat just runs like a fountain when it is that hot.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by carguy »

I got really pissed when I posted my clip draw on a concealed carry website and someone actually said, I para phrase, "I take pride in my guns and don't think I could ever glue something to the side of it".

I politely told him I also take pride in my guns and would not intentionally damage or devalue them. That I was simply posting a field test of this item for any interested, open minded poeple.

Time and time again I am reminded why I just love this web family. What a jerk.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

I got a Clip Draw

Post by anjdrifter »

Hey carguy
you mean we are not mean spirited, or self righteous, pompous,
narrow minded louts , darn I for one have really been trying to attain those attributes. guess I have to go over to the other sites and learn better :P :P :P :P ;D ;D ;D 8-) 8-)
all kidding aside this is about the best place around and some real good people, that is an all inclusive statement of all this worlds populace
during some hard times over the summer it was a blessing to be part of this site although in a limited way. As far as the effort of many who personally not only offered but gave me needed support, there is no way to thank em... yuk this is way too sappy for me.
Last edited by anjdrifter on October 4th, 2007, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by grayfox »

I have found that mine works better clipped on the top of the pants,,with the belt covering the clip. Its real nice to carry without the extra thickness. I also don't have to buy pants a size to large for the holster. When you find your "spot", it just snuggles in. :)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by carguy »

Anj: Luv ya man!! :'( I feel like a Saint Bernard there is so much slobber and drool here... :P Glad you're feeling better, how was Virginia? I'll give you the link so you can take a few lessons in pompousness... ;D

Grayfox: I can't buy pants any bigger....they don't make them :'(
I hate the idea of doing that, I agree the clip draw holds securely in the waist band and under the belt so no one needs to know.
michaelap

I got a Clip Draw

Post by michaelap »

Hey carguy I have gotten more help from you guys here than in any shop I have ever been in. I try not to even mention the P-64 to people I don't know I am sick of this elitest bull I get from folks. While I got you is there a definative on the right recoil spring I have one P-64 stamped 1969.
frankmako

I got a Clip Draw

Post by frankmako »

carguy

i use the clip draw on my s&w model 60 and have the kel tec belt clip on my p11 and p3at. for me i don't use a holster anymore for those gun. for me nothing beats a belt clip.
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

I got a Clip Draw

Post by blinddog »

Where is a good place to start looking for one of these clips? It looks like something that I would like to have.