Newbie, Holster questions

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
jdeereman

Post by jdeereman »

I'm new to this board and new to the P64. Sorry If I'm rehasing old subjects....

I currently have a desantis nemesis holster I use with my Glock 26. I like that holster and it's cheap. Wondering what size nemesis to buy to fit the P64 (which popular model it is closest to)?

On a side note I also bought a IWB holster from Red Storm holsters too because they were inexpensive thought I'd give it a try and I like it a lot.

I don't even think I'll spend money on a OWB holster right now, too many other investments at once!
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

Desantis Nemesis N38 for the AMT Backup,PPK,Sig 230 232 is the one you are looking for.

Oh... and Welcome to the best place for info on the p-64 and more. ;D

You have lots of reading to do and searches will find you a lot of info. ;D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

jdeereman,

First of all, welcome aboard, glad to have you with us, as 9x18shooter has said, you have lots of reading to do and searches will find you a lot of info. ;D

I have had my DeSantis Nemesis pocket holster for quite some time, I can't remember the model # but I am sure 9x18 is correct about the model N38, I do know that the Nemesis I got was for the the Sig 230/232.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
jdeereman

Post by jdeereman »

Thanks for the replies so far...

As nearly as I can tell the "N38" just refers to the nemsis in general, not a specific size.

I think were some of the confusion has come up on my part is they make several holsters that may be the same size, but labeled for different guns, but I'm not sure on that.

I did a search and a member (mattswabb) posted this pic of what he says is the holster for the Sig230.

It doesn't look like to covers as much of the gun as the one papabear posted, so I'm guessing it's a different size holster. papabear's holster looks like it might print less than this one for the sig230 because it covers more of the gun. I wouldn't know though I've never used either. Just food for thought.
Last edited by jdeereman on July 27th, 2007, 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

A few have posted pics of the Nemesis and I remember someone said it was bought for another gun (Maybe the Mak) but it worked for the P-64. When you asked the question I pulled out the bag it came in and looked. I got it for my brother for his birthday but he forgot the package when he took it home. It was in his pocket holding the p-64. It fits like the one you just posted. The complete number on the bag is N38BJMAZ0 and it has the guns listed on it that I said in previous post. The fit is quite nice and I couldn't tell it was a gun in his pocket. (No Jokes please) I have an M-42 from TTH at http://www.brigadegunleather.com
stibnite

Post by stibnite »

Below is my Nemesis, I believe I picked the PPK or PPK/S model, they are probably the same.

papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Thanks all for jogging my memory, I stand corrected on the Nemesis, the one I got for my P-64 was for the PPK not the Sig 230/232, however, I did get a Fobus paddle holster for my P-64 and the model for that was for the Sig 230/232, [model # SG-3], and it fits it like a glove. I still have the package it came in, its rough getting old and forgetful, lets see, where did I put glasses........... ::)

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome to the P64,000 question club jdeereman. I think I have around 63,975 left in my account. Greatest site on the planet, regardless of what weapon your in need of info on. If we don't know, we find out, eventually.

Hope this helps end some of the confusion over the Nemesis holster. I use this most of the time.

The packaging says
N38BJMAZ0
AMT: BACKUP 45
WTHR: PPK
SIG: P230, P232
for us old guys that would've had to move our chairs back 2.5 ft to read that.lol
Last edited by manicmechanic on July 28th, 2007, 7:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

manicmechanic,

Thanks for the clarification on the DeSantis Nemises models for the P-64, and yelp, I had to move back at least 2.5 ft to read your post cause I still haven't found my glasses yet....... ::) As mentioned above, several different models of the Nemises fit the P-64 and I think that is causing some, including myself obviously , to be confused , however the pic you posted of the package that your's came in explains everything, thanks for your post, now I still need to find my glasses.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
jdeereman

Post by jdeereman »

thanks everyone, I think that officially answers my question!
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by blinddog »

welcome to the greatest forum on P-64's you can find.
michaelap

Post by michaelap »

Hey folks I am also brand new to this and I have owned my P-64 since the beginning of July. Love it, I need some advice for an ankle holster.
slackone

Post by slackone »

Dunno how many around here carry the P-64 in an ankle rig...it's a little heavy for garter duty, I think.

However, Brigade has a wide-band style ankle that is available for the P-64, if you want something custom fit.

http://www.brigadegunleather.com/m-35.html

That's about the only one I know of that's actually fit to the '64. You can try some of the generic-fit ankles like the Uncle Mike's, but I usually find unfit holsters to be a touch bulky.