Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
threepdr

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by threepdr »

I got to looking at the Desantis pocket holster and realized I could probably make the same thing from a used mouse pad. This is a pic of my first attempt. The fabric is on the inside and allows the pistol to be drawn easily, and the foam outside stays put in the pocket very well.

I folded it over and used contact cement to glue it together, then hand stitched it with 3-ply linen sewing thread that I normally used for leather work. I'm a pretty accomplised leather worker but could not get this thing to look "pretty". You can't mark or prepunch holes as in leather work and it is too spongy to use a tight harness stich as with leather. I ended up just free handing it with a single sail makers needle. It is holding together fine, but looks like shidt! :(

The P-64 is really too big for a pocket pistol. This holser works pretty good in a deep front pocket, but most back pockets are too shallow to hide the gun completely.

I could not get the pic to come up on the preview, so if you can see it hit the link to the pic. >:(

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v322/ ... olster.jpg
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by grayfox »

looks ok to me. That would work ok in the cargo pants with the big pockets.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by papabear »

Hey, nice job ;D not a bad looking pocket holster. The only reason I got a DeSantis pocket holster was it came with P-64 I bought off a guy on gunboards.com about a year or so ago, and I can't sew. He offered the gun only but after I said I'd take it he offered the DeSantis for $10 more so I took it, the whole deal delivered was $155, he had trouble with the DA pull and wanted to get rid of it, his loss my gain, it was a 1969, and for me the DA was great compared to my 1976. The 76' is now my carry piece, after about 500 rds the DA lighten up and I like the triangular hammer for CCW. I use the DeSantis when I wear loose fitting slacks, and I like it, easy to draw and comfortable.

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on February 24th, 2007, 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
threepdr

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by threepdr »

If I wasnt so dang cheap and did'nt have a stack of used mouse pads I would have just bought the Desantis also!

How do you insert a photo directly in the text like you did?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by normsutton »

threepdr

copy and paste the
IMG CODE

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by grayfox »

If I wasnt so dang cheap and did'nt have a stack of used mouse pads I would have just bought the Desantis also!

When you view your photo in photobucket, click the small box under the pic, then left click on thhe IMG (bottom one). Go to your forum reply, then click again and the post link comes up. PM me if you have a problem.
grayfox
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by grayfox »

When you view your photo in photobucket, click the small box under the pic, then left click on thhe IMG (bottom one). Go to your forum reply, then click again and the post link comes up. PM me if you have a problem.
Norm beat me to it. his is better and quicker.
threepdr

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by threepdr »

OK....I see ;D

I tried to use the image tag that is supplied by the message board software. This is a lot easier.

Thanks guys!

papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by papabear »

grayfox,

Norm is quicker than us both, and he is younger too!!! ::) these young whipper snappers, what are we going to do with em. ;D

Papabear
POINT SHOOTER
garry
Veteran member
Veteran member

Mouse Pad Pocket Holster

Post by garry »

Very nice Job on the mousepad holster looks kewl. G