Other methods of concealed carry.

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
918collector

Post by 918collector »

Am I the only person left still using a fanny pack? Actually, it's usually slung over my shoulder. I bought a cheapo from Sportsman's Guide years ago but when it gave out, I started Googling and found a place called Anderson Enterprises. Not cheap but stout. I got their medium-sized model but it's still big enough that I hid an N-Frame Highway Patrolman in it. Problem with the thing is if you get used to using it, you start loading it down with other stuff. Plenty of spare ammo and mags, for example.

I like it because in the summer it gets real hot around here and I find it hard to keep something hid in jeans & t-shirt. Nobody yet has ever guessed I'm carrying and I don't have to worry about my shirt-tail riding up if I bend over looking at something on a low shelf at Wal-Mart.

It's not a bad option if you can stand some goofball calling it a purse now and again.
ozarker

Post by ozarker »

I have just a couple of ways I carry. I bought a Forbus paddle, but so far this winter my coats are waist coats and the holster shows.

A couple years ago we took a trip in our RV. Summer times driving with t-shirt and gym shorts. Going into unknown town for fuel. Wrong part of town(maybe). Anyway I started using a fanny pack. One with just 2 compartments that I had bought at Bass Pro. Billfold w/ credit cards in small front pocket. CCW in back pocket. No one ever knew. Still don't. If someone should make a remark I tell them I don't like it in back pocket while driving.

Oh..Last summer ran to Home Depot in my tshirt and shorts. The cashier saw this and my "purse"(female cashier). I told her its not a purse and beside did she know the difference between a pack and a purse. She replied no. My reply was "I stand and you sit". She was still laughing as I walked out the door.
Last edited by ozarker on January 10th, 2007, 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

I say use whatever works for you and you are comfortable with. Not knocking them, just don't like them. I use a IWB holster wearing an untucked shirt or a pocket holster in the summer. Hot weather makes it harder to conceal and less comfortable but I used to wear a ballistic vest and carry a beltload of equipment so I can put up with a pistol and spare mag. More readily accessible in case of need. Fanny packs and shoulder bags call attention to you.
918collector

Post by 918collector »

The bag is just another option. Incidentally, I swapped back to my Glock 36 this morning. Boy, what a difference. It's as compact as a 45ACP is going to get and not heavy but you can definitely tell it's there. Our little friend is much easier to hide.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

That's a fact, it's even easier than my Mak, I prefer plain pocket carry with it when I can do that, works real well with military-style camo pants and such

Post by 8080 »

918collector I carry 1/2 the time with a "tommy" fanny pack. I usually carry my 2 1/2" Smith & Wesson 686 in it with a tee shirt untucked over it & it works very well for me. Summer in S.W. Arizona as everyone knows is hot! I'm a brand new P64 owner (one week). So far I carry it in my pocket but must get pocket holster. Mabey get smaller fanny pack to suit P-64 what do you think?.....80 80

Post by 8080 »

918collector after I posted a reply to you I further red about your glock 36. That is next in line for me to buy. Our little friend is a C.C.W. masterpiece. The muzzle in de-horned no snags anywhere & talking about narrow. Really for the last 5 or 6 years I've carried a steel 5" 1911 which isn't too bad but......
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by himmel »

but not exactly pocket-carry material.. ;)
beasleydano
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by beasleydano »

For me the P-64's suitability for comfortable pocket or other concealed carry is one of its best attributes. The combination of quality steel manufacture, safety features, small size and the potent 9x18 make it ideal. I honestly cannot think of another pistol to match it for concealed carry.
brigade

Post by brigade »

I agree with "beasleydano" it is perfect for CC. Not too small and not at all too big. Here are two excellent ways to carry this great pistol>>> http://www.brigadegunleather.com/p64.html
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

Troy, If I don't find anything I like at the show tomorrow then I am going to order at least one of those.....
p64

Post by p64 »

TTH, nice link for the holsters.
brigade

Post by brigade »

There are more photos coming soon.
1dickhurtz

Post by 1dickhurtz »

A double shoulder holster with 2 P-64's 8-) "DOUBLE FISTED" :'(
9x18shooter

Post by 9x18shooter »

TTH After looking at your post in the other thread I was looking at the M-11 also. Is it that much more comfy all day? I don't want something that is tough to get on and off. Would that be some of the pics coming soon?