Any familiar with Thunderwear?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
talon

Post by talon »

Hello All,

Anyone ever try this for conceal carry? It seems a good alternative but is it comfortable, for extended wearing seating etc. Plus I'd be worried ( abit more) of a UD given location.

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Yes!
It is now called "Smart Carry", google on that to find it.
I was just wearing it tonight to carry my Glock 27, but my P-64 fits well too.
I have worn it for prolonged periods comfortably. NO TIGHT JEANS!
The muzzle actually points past your...Johnson, so any UD would go into the floor.
With a small pistol like the P-64, you can wear it in shorts or sweatpants.
talon

Post by talon »

Hello Mike...

Thanks for the link! I first heard of Thunder wear about ten years ago, and always wanted to here from some that have tried it.

I will probably get one in the future. UD's still bother me LOL even if the bullet discharges below Mr.Johnson the gasses will still cause a french fry effect :o

I did notice that another company still offers it as Thunder wear they are out of NY must of been a partner split?

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Could have been. I ordered from FL and had no problems.
dolang1
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by dolang1 »

I bought a similar product at a gunshow. It wasn't called Thundrwear. Just a knockoff but it served me well for a year with a 38. Now I use the P 64 in it. It was $15.00
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

I do advise you that the moisture barrier in mine is not 100% effective (at least when I wear it when exercising, then again, I probably sweat more than most of you!). I tend to wear my Glock when wearing it when exercising for this reason.
warthog

Post by warthog »

Remember, NO ENZYTE! You will compromise your concealability if your johnson is too big. ;)
talon

Post by talon »

Hello Warthog,

ENZYTE LMAO ;D

Peace,
Tal~ 8-)
Last edited by talon on February 18th, 2006, 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

Yes!
It is now called "Smart Carry", google on that to find it.
Not quite: Smartcarry and Thunderwear are two different outfits with similar products. The reports I've heard seem to indicate that the Smartcarry offers a little better wetness protection than does Thunderwear. Other than that I think they are about the same.
butch50

Post by butch50 »

I have one of the Smart Carry's - it is comfortable in just about any position once you get used to it. But it still takes two hands to get the gun out, and the actions required to extract the gun are not exactly subtle. Kind of looks like you are pulling your pants out with one hand so that you can reach in and scratch or adjust your johnson with the other. Not something people do in public without arousing suspicion. Forget standing there with your pistol in your hand with the Smart Carry - No way you could carry that off, you would look like the pervert of the decade.

I wore the smart carry, and several other styles of carry for quite awhile and finally settled on pocket carry, which is one the main reasons I love my CZAK - it fits into my pants pocket nicely, yet packs a reasonably hard punch. I can easily stand with the pistol actually gripped in my hand and not be at all noticeable. After all, a lot of people stand with their hand(s) in their pocket(s).

I can get my CZAK out and into operation in a split second and without having to dig around in my crotch to do it. Lord knows that in an emergency situation when you are pumped with adrenaline you just don't need complications, and pocket carry is extremely simple, extremely fast, and extraordinarily subtle.

I do believe that pocket carry is the fastest draw method you can do and have a concealed gun. Because you can actually have the gun in your hand before bringing it out, and no one knows it. I know this for a fact, as I often find myself standing in line (at the bank or the grocery store or wherever - it is kind of a strange feeling being at the bank with a pistol gripped in my hand but I can live with it :)) with my hand in my pocket and since my CZAK is in there my hand naturally rests on the grip. You can't do that with any other form of concealed carry that I am aware of.

In an emergency situation, from pocket carry, I would be able to empty a magazine before someone with a Smart Carry could fire their first shot. And no one would see it coming from me, but from the Smart Carry person rooting and digging around his johnson - well they would be looking right at him wondering what in the devil he was doing.
Last edited by butch50 on April 19th, 2006, 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shooter

Post by shooter »

I use the smart carry and I'm happy with the performance of it. It's comfortable and you can wear it with just about anything. I live in Florida and wear loose fitting shorts with no belt and at times no shirt and you can't tell I'm carrying. The draw does take a little getting used to but with a little practice can be done quickly.
talon

Post by talon »

Hello All,

Great information, I'm planning on the smart carry next month, we will see how it holds up to the Arizona heat.

...."Gun in hand scratching your Johnson" LMAO ;D

Peace
Talon 8-)
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

I do believe that pocket carry is the fastest draw method you can do and have a concealed gun.
I would tend to agree, except I must have smaller pockets than everybody else. For the life of me, I just can't carry a CZAK comfortably in my pocket. Maybe it just takes getting used to, but for me it seems too heavy and too big.
butch50

Post by butch50 »

I guess it is a personal thing. I pocket carry in all kinds of dress pants, jeans, shorts or whatever and don't even notice it anymore. On the other hand I can barely stand to have a wristwatch on - they drive me crazy. Everyone has their own pet peeves, don't we?
bkiles

Post by bkiles »

Bought the new version of Pager Pal this last weekend at a gun show in Fort Worth. It is a half inch longer than the previous version and is made of softer leather. I like it a lot and it seems to work perfectly with the P64 (size Large)