Any markings inside your P64 Holsters?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

bartos061,
Let me add my voice to those saying welcome!!! :) :) :) It's downright awesome that someone actually in the Polish military is on here!!!

-Mark
novgarod

Post by novgarod »

Bartosz & Herrmannek -

I will continue on this thread since you both began your posts here. Wow, lots of good info for us directly from friends in Poland. I have some general questions since Poland has joined NATO. Are your armed forces moving to the MAG-95 (9mm compatible with NATO) and what is the status of the P-83 in 9x18? I have the P-83 (military version), but do not have either the belt holster or shoulder holster shown in the manual (possibly available in the future?).

Also, you said the P-64 was still being used by some support troops - why wouldn't these used pistols be surplused (exported) before the new ones we are receiving in the US? Just curious. The shoulder holster for the P-64 would be of interest to all of us. A chance for pictures?

Thanks so much, let us know if we can do anything in return for all your help.
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hello novgarod, Thank You and others for nice welcome.

After join to NATO forces we of course changed our caliber to standard. Unfortunately MAG-95 is not our official pistol. Our superiors chose other gun, it is WIST-94. Very bad awful weapon - nobody likes him. This is the big case now in Poland. After going polish forces to Afghanistan there was a lot of negative voices from soldiers about him. When the time has come to go to Iraq, our soldiers goes with P-83. If You watching pictures from Iraq there are only P-83. I'm In 6th Air assault bn. and we have only Wist-94 in our unit but in the whole army there is a lot of P-83. I said that some of support unit have P-64 thats Thruth but this is small percent. In polish police there is a lot of P-64 - I try to make some photos.

P-83 has almost the same holster as P-64 but a little larger(the colors are the same). In Iraq boys use "cordura" leg holster in desert camo. I don't know nothing about shoulder holster.

In Poland Unfortunately Weapon is "BAD". Because of this a lot of weapon is being destroy after "they duty". This is sick but there is no way to change this situation. :'(

This is picture of P-64 shoulder holster:
I try to find some for You.

So I watching for Galil 35rd steel or alloy mags, maby somebody can help me.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

ooo I forget one think, I have MAG-95 and this is excellent weapon ;D

This is my MAG:

And Here is my Wist from my job:
Last edited by bartos061 on December 21st, 2005, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

xelloss

Post by xelloss »

Very cool and great info, guys!!! ;D ;D ;D

bartos061, are you issued the KA-90 Tantal or KA-96 Beryl rifle??? Just curious as to what is current standard issue... A friend of mine has a rebuilt (semi-auto) KA-88 Tantal, and it's an impressive weapon... :) :) :)
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Not to get to far off the subject of p-64s, but I have a friend home on leave from Iraq that bought an AKMS 47 parts kit from Sportsmans Guide and I have to build the rifle before he leaves next week. The kit is all matching and was build at Plant 11 (Radom) in 1980. This kit is probably the besst AK I have seen. The workmanship is superb. Everyone was talking about the Yugslavian kits that hit the market several months ago about how nice they are, but they don't come close to the quality of Polish firearms!

Folks may complain about military firearms from Poland, Germany, Russia, etc. not having a "commercial" type finish, but they don't think that the firearm needs to be cost effective, highly reliable, and user friendly for the young troops. An outside finish should only be there to protect the weapon from average rust. The surface finish needs to be on the "less than commercial polish" to make sure it does not glare in the light and give away a position.

Everyone talks about how the finish on the German WWII weapons deteriorated as the war progressed; yes it did, but the funtionality of the weapon was just as good. Even the US finish deteriorated as the war progressed to save time and mateial. The US did not have bombing going on so the finish did not get as bad as soem weapons in Germany or Japan, but needless to say, the German and Japanese weapons WORKED!

I am in engineering and construction, and we say the Facility (building) is only a covering for the Process housed inside. Always protect the Process!
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi
xelloss,
In my unit we use 5,56mm kbs wz.96 rifle(known as beryl)
thats me and my beryl on the winter exercise:

We don't use 5,45mm kbk wz.88(tantal) anymore(I've heard that most of them goes to Iraq for they army, and some goes to US). But in the most units of our army is used 7,62mm kbk AKMS. Polish army need some time to change our weapons.

shorts of words:
kbs,kbk -it means rifle
wz. - it means "mark" ;)
herrmannek

Post by herrmannek »

Here are some photos from my trip to the officers school in Wroclaw. I forgot to make pics of p-83 and there was no p-64 on the display... Some screws are missing, but that seems a normal thing in a colectibles thirsty enviroment :) Handguns doesn't have magazines atcached because in previous years many of them vere missing :)

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/WSOWL

sorry for pics quality :)
cruiser

Post by cruiser »

Here are some photos from my trip to the officers school in Wroclaw. I forgot to make pics of p-83 and there was no p-64 on the display... Some screws are missing, but that seems a normal thing in a colectibles thirsty enviroment :) Handguns doesn't have magazines atcached because in previous years many of them vere missing :)

http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/WSOWL

sorry for pics quality :)
Welcome, interesting pictures, where might you be located?
herrmannek

Post by herrmannek »

Wrocław, Poland :).. I should fill my profile..right now...
Last edited by herrmannek on December 22nd, 2005, 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

bartos061, awesome picture!!! How do you like the wz. 96??? I have one Radom-built PKMS semi-auto I built on a stamped reciever and another Radom PMKS kit which I plan on building with a milled reciever... They are both in like-new condition, and, as abwehr said, the workmanship is just awesome!!! Glad to hear that workhorse is still in use... ;D ;D ;D

-Mark
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

herrmannek, very cool pics!!! I love the BRDM, always have liked the looks and capabilities of that vehicle... I notice they had the 4 smaller wheels lowered as well...

-Mark
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

Great Photos guys, I love the equipment! I just completed a built of the Radom PKMS on a stamped receiver in semi-auto configuration for a friend of mine. The parts kit came from Sportdmans Guide and it is NICE! This parts kit is the best quality AK I have built so far. It is far superior to the Yugo kits that came in earlier this year. So far, the Polish AKs are the best I have seen. Yes, the Tantals are in the US as parts kits and some completed rifles in semi configuration. Of course, the Polish kits are priced accordingly too. The kit from Sportsmans guide was $225, semi receiver was $65 so the end cost is close to $300, but still a good price for this quality!

Poland has always been noted for building fine weapons with quality built in. I have Three of the WWII pistols build under German occupation and the design is great. The Germans certainly liked them!

Again, thanks for the photos guys, they are really great!
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

xelloss
I like my wz.96 but there is a few thing which I want to change. Here is the picture of two variations:
The lower one Has: forward grip, new four position collapsible buttstock(the old one was to short), larger mag catch, new magazine, new muzlle flash hider and a lot of equipment rails in NATO standard. I thing that this variation is great.

I'm looking for galil magazine adapter to try use M16 mags but it is very hard to find it. (and I need 35rd galil mags - anybody know when can i buy it).

Hey guys please make some photos of your weapon.

photo was taken from www.strzelecka.net