Any markings inside your P64 Holsters?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
novgarod

Post by novgarod »

I just rec'd an unissued black holster (nice workmanship) from our Ebay friend in Poland and checked it for any info on the inside. I found 3 stampings: one, a circle containing the letters KT with the number 739 below the lettering; the second, right next to the circle stamping was a larger square with KT also inside, but I could not make out the number; both of these were on the flap. The number 64, in blue, was stamped next to the tool pocket. These are probably inspection stamps and a pistol designation since it is unissued.

But, what about those holsters out there that have been issued, that have a history ???
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

MIne has a date stamp from the 1970s plus the other stamps. I am out of town and don't remember what they all are now. I assumed the 1970s stamp is the manufacturing date. If memory serves me correct, one of the stamps is a fatory stamp for the Radom Plant. If you do a search for a previous posting, there is a thread from someone that gives more info on the stamps.
novgarod

Post by novgarod »

Thanks, abwehr, for the search suggestion. I don't know what has come from Poland in the way of holsters in the past year (or what will be available later), but the P-64 pistol has served for 20 years in both military and civilian roles. We should open the door for any information that will allow us to categorize those roles, maybe even with some pictures thrown in. It's a way to get more historical background about our favorite Polish pistol!
xelloss

Post by xelloss »

My black P-64 holster is marked with a circular stamp with KJ and 11/16 in it... There is also a (presumably) manufacturers stamp marked L.Z.P.S. Zakl. Art. Skorz. and w Tomaszowie Maz...

-Mark
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

Hi, My name is Bartosz and I'm from Poland.
Firstly, You can find holster in three diferend colours:
brown - for ground forces.
black - for airforce, navy and police.
white - for MP, police.
There is a few other holsters for police to hidden cary, They are in natural colour or black
Secondly, Stamps:
KT - this is inspection stamp - "technical control"
KJ - this is inspection stamp - "Quality control"

sorry for my english
vinnie

Post by vinnie »

Welcome Bartosz!! Thanx for the info. Your english is just fine By the way! Can you get access to some of these holsters?? I think many of us would be pleased to do business with a fellow board member who could also provide history and details on our purchase.
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

I have a P-64 black holster (got it on ebay, shipped from Poland) MaRKINGS: #1: LARGE SIZE 1/2 INCH of date "1972" : #2: OvAL with "11" inside oval; #3: three other unable to read may be "KJ and "KT" wth numbers below each. fjb
novgarod

Post by novgarod »

Another welcome, Balrtosz, you have sent the forum very useful information with your first two posts - hope this is just the beginning! Although your English is great, all our members want you to practice your language skills by telling us MORE about the P-64 (smile). Your cutaway figure of "Pistoletu wz. 1964" has excellent detail in full landscape format.
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Mine is ground forces brown (thanks Bartosz!) and has the KJ 11/12 stamp. Included rod, very little (if any) use.
herrmannek

Post by herrmannek »

Main problem is price of package from Poland to USA :), non-issued holsters on Polish ebay called allegro goes often in the 30-40zlote(10-15$) range, problem is that cheapest package from Poland to USA costs 30$ :) Bartos would have to do a wholesale for the thing to be profitable for both sides :)
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

OK I made new topic and there is a source of some holsters. I try to find some of this "hidden cary" . I'm officer of Polish army so maby I can get some other stuff(P-64 is all the time in use in some of support unit).
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

oval with "11" it is a mark of RADOM factory which made all P-64
mikethewreck

Post by mikethewreck »

Thank you, Bartosz and Hermannek!

It is so good to hear from new friends in Poland! I am Polish on my mothers side and am leaving soon to have Christmas with them (in Florida) and to have all the good Polish food. I know I still have family in Oswiecim. I have only been able to visit there once, more than a decade ago.

If there are any dealers with parts for P-64's there, with their import into America there is a market for spare parts over here!
bartos061

Post by bartos061 »

HI, it is nice to hear this. I live in Kraków now it is about 50km from oswiecim.

In Poland we have a lot of problems with weapon. The law is very restricted. Permissionon for having a gun gives police, unfortunatelyly they don't like gun owner's. I have a license but I'm military so it is easier. There are little shops but relayly dealer - no. Sometimes there are gun parts on polish ebay but all site is in polish. www.allegro.pl

If You looking for something sent me email - we will see
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by abwehr »

bartos061,

I also want to give you a big WELCOME to the P-64 Forum, adn thank you for the great information you have provided. There is not a lot of techincal information on the P-64 and your information has provided us with more knowledge. All of here certainly are pleased with having you here and want you to come back often!