Grips & Magazines

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
nytrumpet

Grips & Magazines

Post by nytrumpet »

I'm looking for softer (hogue type) grips and replacement magazines for my P64. Any ideas?
===================
GunGeek.Net
http://www.gungeek.net
cruiser

Grips & Magazines

Post by cruiser »

This is a three finger grooves, I love it. Found a slip on grip made by Pachmayr, Slip-On Grip Medium w/finger grooves the size is model #3. Good fit and just what I needed. I did need to trim a little off the tip of the heel. Found it at a local gun shop. About $9.00. Link is for picture ref.
http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/yhst ... 20175.html
cruiser

Grips & Magazines

Post by cruiser »

abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Grips & Magazines

Post by abwehr »

It is a shame the guy selling the magazines is not having a dutch auction. $15 is the lowest I have seen them go for. Most of them are in the $20 range.
cruiser

Grips & Magazines

Post by cruiser »

It is a shame the guy selling the magazines is not having a dutch auction. $15 is the lowest I have seen them go for. Most of them are in the $20 range.
He had 12 magazines. Four of us bidder got six at $15.00 each. I was first bidder for one. These are the remaining six.
And I still do not understand a dutch auction.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Grips & Magazines

Post by abwehr »

When an auction listing is offering two or more identical items, this is called a Dutch Auction. This means the seller is offering multiple, identical items for sale. Unlike a regular auctions, a Dutch auction can have many winners. I just noticed this is a Dutch Auction! The $15 is a good price.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Grips & Magazines

Post by dfunk »

I second $15 as a good price for mags - mags for any gun, for that matter.
cruiser

Grips & Magazines

Post by cruiser »

I failed to tell you guys about this when I was in the bidding! But now I expect to see you guys snap up the last six.
mikethewreck

Grips & Magazines

Post by mikethewreck »

Guys, call Southern Ohio Guns. They have P-64 mags that work for $10. All you want....
mikethewreck

Grips & Magazines

Post by mikethewreck »

Oh, Hogue medium auto grips will fit the P-64 with some trimming.
valkyrie0002

Grips & Magazines

Post by valkyrie0002 »

Yes, SOG for mags at $10 ea, and you get 3 with the P64.

Try SPG and Midway for the grips.
Last edited by valkyrie0002 on December 11th, 2005, 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
mongo

Grips & Magazines

Post by mongo »

I have a hogue grip on my HK USP but that's my "work gun" I think putting a rubber grip on this gun ruins it. makes it too "grabby" and spoils the "hide"factor by grabbing your pant leg, shirt tail, etc...

YMMV
tunnelrat

Grips & Magazines

Post by tunnelrat »

I have a hogue grip on my HK USP but that's my "work gun" I think putting a rubber grip on this gun ruins it. makes it too "grabby" and spoils the "hide"factor by grabbing your pant leg, shirt tail, etc...
I've been shooting John Moses Browning's Hi-Powers and M1911's for years and I've never had a hammer bite. Just lucky, I guess -- though I often invest in a good beavertail safety. Today, for the very first time, I got bitten, and not by a Browning creation but by my tiny Polish Radom P-64. I think it might be because I had a grip sleeve on it.

The P-64 is a nice little pocket gun, about the size of a Bersa, but made of blued steel. It is pretty (a PPK knockoff), and slim and light, and carries a bit more whack than a .380, but dang it is uncomfortable to shoot. The double action trigger is the very worst I've ever tried on any handgun -- owned, rented, or borrowed. The pull has to be at least 25 pounds of grit. The single action trigger is very nice though, so I can live with the trigger. Even so it is unpleasant to shoot the little thing. For whatever reason it just does not have the ergonomics of the PPK. It jumps in my hand and bangs my fingers against the trigger guard. Not only that but I learned today that I've gotta keep the web of my thumb away from the slide as it blows back to the rear.

I think I musta lost more blood today than a standard Air Force division. Anyhow, today I got my first hammer bite and lost about a quart. At last I've become a man... :?

I've had to use a Hogue grip sleeve on my Makarov. It came with the original red commie grips, and they've got a lanyard loop on the left side that pokes into my left hand when I fire it. The Hogue Grip Sleeve pretty much covers over the lanyard thingy and makes for very comfortable shooting.

Anyhow, I had an extra grip sleeve that I had purchased for my Glock 27. But the Glock's grip is fat enough already without the extra girth of the sleeve. Thus I took the sleeve off the Glock.

So here is this poor lonely grip sleeve lying there with no purpose in life, and there is this little P-64 that kinda bangs my hand a little -- it seemed like a match made in heaven. At least it did until I shot it today. Apparently the grip sleeve affects my grip (Duh...) enough that I got nailed by the slide as it was coming back.
autom8r

Grips & Magazines

Post by autom8r »

I can tell I have run a couple of boxes of ammo through my P-64 for 2 - 3 days afterward. It's not my daily carry gun, but a fun little plinker that shouldn't hurt. At least I didn't have the blood loss like tunnelrat....

How much has cruiser shot with that Pachmaryr?? Sounds interesting.......

BTW tunnellrat, from what I understand, you can put a Walther PPK 14 or 16# mainspring on the Radom and have a reasonable Makarov-like DA pull. Available from www.gunsprings.com . I haven't tried them yet but I plan to soon.

Dave
cruiser

Grips & Magazines

Post by cruiser »

This is a three finger grooves, I love it. Found a slip on grip made by Pachmayr, Slip-On Grip Medium w/finger grooves the size is model #3. Good fit and just what I needed. I did need to trim a little off the tip of the heel. Found it at a local gun shop. About $9.00. Link is for picture ref.
http://store.tradingpostsupply.com/yhst ... 20175.html
So far it has worked great. I like the fact that it has a place for each finger.
I will be spending a week near Springfield Tn. in a few weeks, where you at?