Holser options

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
b52stan

Holser options

Post by b52stan »

For what it's worth, I've read that the P-64 fits nicely in any PPK carry option.
Makes sense to me.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Holser options

Post by abwehr »

Currently, I have mine with an E. German Makarov Holster. It sets a little low in the holster, but is well protected. Since I was advised from this Forum about the folks that have the original Polish Holster with spare magazine and cleaning tool, my pistol will be at "home" now! Hope the holster arrives next week.
amd6547

Holser options

Post by amd6547 »

When I bought my P64, I also bought a surplus Walther PP flap holster said to be East German. It fits the P64 great, and cost $5. I have used it as a case till now. Like abwehr, I ordered one of the black P64 flap holsters on EBAY, for which I am greatfull to the members of this board for the tip!
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Holser options

Post by dfunk »

amd6547, just make sure not to use the leather as a case for storing your gun. Leather and gun metal do not make nice on a long term affair.
fjblackesq

Holser options

Post by fjblackesq »

FOR SURE, DON'T MIX GUNMETAL AND LEATHER FOR TOO LONG A TIME. BETTER TO HAVE SOME SARAN WRAP AROUND THE GUNMETAL FOR LONG TERM IF YOPU HAVE TO HOLSTER IN STORAGE. I ALSO GOT ONE OF THE BLACK P64 HOLSTER SETS ON EBAY. NOT HERE YET. FJB
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Holser options

Post by abwehr »

I am glad you guys posted the DANGER of leaving a pistol unprotected in a holster. The chemicals used in the tanning process are not good for metals. Also, the leather will draw the oil off the metal. I usually keep spare magazines with the holster, but I do what "fjblackesq" does; oil well and wrap with Saran Wrap. This keeps the metal well preserved and the leather will not harm the metal!
Last edited by abwehr on November 14th, 2005, 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
amd6547

Holser options

Post by amd6547 »

I've been doing it for years, and havn't had a problem, but I appreciate the warning. I generally give my blued pistols a good coating of preservative oil like break free before holstering, and check them regularly. As an example, I used to own an East German Makarov from the first bunch of imports. It was kept in it's holster for most of the ten years I owned it and showed noharm. As a 1962 model in what seemed to be it's original holster, who knows how long it spent in it.
I would be leery of wrapping in saran wrap, even with oil. I would think that moisture could be a problem.
Another example. My father's 1911 .45, brought home from WWII, and his ruger mk1 22, purchased in 1972 both spent decades in their respective field holsters before I inherited them. No damage to either.
"I was so much older than, I'm younger then that now..."
jwvette42

Holser options

Post by jwvette42 »

My P-64 Fits great in the Pager pal holster. It is also reasonably comfortable.
raypol

Holser options

Post by raypol »

My P-64 Fits great in the Pager pal holster. It is also reasonably comfortable.
Been carrying mine in a Pager Pal for 6 months. It is deep concealment with reasonable ease and speed of drawing and very comfortable. I have the cell phone holder which makes it useful too.
novgarod

Holser options

Post by novgarod »

If you have been/are a Mak collector, you noticed that some of the EG Mak shoulder holsters were too small and a "fit" was suggested by soaking the holster in hot water and stretching it using a Saran-wrapped Mak. Well, if you didn't "Mak-a-size" this Walther sized holster, then you have a perfect fit for your P-64 as I discovered. Maybe these two got together somewhere behind the Iron Curtain . . . sure, dreamer
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Holser options

Post by abwehr »

novgarod,

I noticed the same this with the shoulder holster, the Mak is too big to fit. I did not worry about since I never planned to use the shoulder holster anyway. When I got my P-64, I tried it in the shoulder holster and it fet like a glove! I still think the Mak shoulder holster is the worst thing I have ever seen with the "cheesy" clip for the pants and the "cheap" web straps that would absolutly wear your shoulder out from wearing it. But it makes a nice addition to a collection from the Cold War, LOL. Now I have a Mak Shoulder holster with my P-64 too.
hawkerjim

Holser options

Post by hawkerjim »

Gentlemen:

You can get a custom, in the pants holster by arranging to take the weapon to your favorite shoe repairman and asking him to sew one up. Perhaps he could even fancier!!!

Hawkerjim.
mac

Holser options

Post by mac »

I carry mine in a Don Hume # 42
burnsie

Holser options

Post by burnsie »

I know of the perfect P-64 IWB...
It is made by a an Italian company called Vega - its a simple clipper with good, thin leather and I bought mine at a show for $17. Mine was said to fit "Makarov / PPK"
It is a perfect fit - seriously.

http://www.vegaholster.it/scheda.aspx?l ... 20holsters
talon

Holser options

Post by talon »

Hello,

Thr Don Hume JIT slide for the PPK/S fits perfectly. Gunners alley is a good place to shop for one.

Peace
Talon 8-)