Holser options

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
krasmussen

Holser options

Post by krasmussen »

Use Ballistol http://www.ballistol.com/ This stuff is perfect for leather, metal, and cleaning up after corossive ammo. Smell funny like good and plenty candy.

i just won a P-64 on gunbroker for $170 shipped with 3 mags. i think i did good if as discribed.
krasniewski

Holser options

Post by krasniewski »

I started carrying my P-64 recently in a DeSantis Apache ankle holster. I works out well, esp since I wear aviator boots (low cut cowboy boots). Nice thing about it is it doesn't bother you when you get in and out of cars like some in-waist or shoulders do; all day comfort and a good price. Accesibility is good sitting down, better than most in a car, but not so good just walking around. Anyway, I like this setup a lot.
alaziela

Holser options

Post by alaziela »

I've been using a micheals of oregon sidekick #1 holster. Most people I run into don't notice I'm wearing it. It pulls it up nicely against the hip. It has the LE retaining strap for those like myself I'm actively moving all over the place. Just another option out there.
butch50

Holser options

Post by butch50 »

Hand Home Made is still the best. No real skill or expense involved, just a bit of time, and then you have a holster custom fit to your CZAK and to your own needs. Give it a try!
barnett3006

Holser options

Post by barnett3006 »

Butch50 is right.

I made myself an open top strong side holster and a double mag pouch that ive been using to carry my p64 for about a year now.

Easy to draw, tight up against my hip, and Comfy to wear all day.

Tip: Make your holster so that your gun is a real snug fit, then soak the leather in warm water for 15 - 20 minutes. After soaking, blot the access water off the holster with a towel. Wrap your gun tightly with 2 layers of plastic wrap and place your gun in the wet holster. Stand the gun/holster up in such a way that the holster has air circulating all around it and let it dry overnight with a fan blowing on it. As the leather dries it will take the shape of your gun and it will be a perfect fit.
918collector

Holser options

Post by 918collector »

Just bought an Uncle Mike's Sidekick IWB holster for mine. The one for a PPK/PPKS. Works perfectly. It's available in left- or right-hand models. I'm right-handed but prefer to carry with the butt to my right side so I bought a lefty. These only cost about $15 or so. Cheap but more secure than mexican carry, which is what I was doing.

Incidently, I got curious about a holster I received with a previous milsurp. Bought a CZ 70 some years ago and it came with some sort of shoulder rig. It's a full flap job with a really secure fastener and has a holder for a spare magazine. It really was too tight for the gun it came with. Fits the P64 fine but I can't imagine carrying it because it's so hard to get the gun out of.
himmel
Veteran member
Veteran member

Holser options

Post by himmel »

Full-flap shoulder rig? Sounds like it was made for pilots--you think?
918collector

Holser options

Post by 918collector »

Don't really know. It's the usual East Bloc soft leather. To make drawing it even slower, it has an elastic strap inside the flap that stretches across the backstrap when closed. I guess this keeps the gun from shifting around inside the holster.

I'm not even sure it was issued with the CZ 70. The holster was tight for the gun and the mag pouch flatly wouldn't fit . It works much better with the P64. It certainly makes more sense for a pilot's survival rig than it would for police work.