Does all Walther gear work?

Leather to kydex, factory or custom.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Just wondering if any of you have found something designed for the ppk, ppk/s that didn't fit your P-64 right. I'm currently looking for an inexpensive shoulder rig...
raypol

Post by raypol »

I haven't tried any Walther holsters but they surely should work. I'm not a LEO so I have to conceal my pistol. I find that pretty limiting as to what kind of holster I can try. I bought one of those Inside Waist Band jobs and found it to be extremely uncomfortable. I would have to buy my pants 2" larger to use one of them. I relegated that one to a chair side holster. I don't want a behind my back holster that I have to sit on and arrange my shirt around. I never wear a coat so a shoulder rig is out. I carry in a Pager Pal. It is a pretty good compromise that lets me deep conceal and still draw in a reasonable time without having to unbutton my shirt or pants. It is also easy to pick it up and stuff it in my pants when I'm ready to go. Makes it easy to carry all the time and it fits the P64 just right. I'd like to hear some others carry arrangements.
ozarker

Post by ozarker »

Well to each their own.. I retired and bought a RV. This last summer we took our first trip back east thru 13 states. I know about each state having their own laws, but I was concerned about pulling into some town and being in the wrong place and the wrong time. Plus, being summer I'm dressed in a Tshirt and shorts. Two front pockets. So I found a camera case I liked to load all my pocket junk. One of the zipper compartments has my P64. So when its dark, strange town, and I go to pay for my gas..No one knows whats in the other compartment. I will not be someones victim. Had my 12ga in the RV. I've gotten so use to the "pack" , with cooler weather, back to wearing jeans, etc. I still carry my pack. My wife tried to tease my about my purse being heavier than hers. Doesn't bother me at all. I know who I am, etc. Think what you will. Now if I should dress - I do have a small holster.
jbailey

Post by jbailey »

The Don Hume "JIT Slide", No. 18, for the Walther PPK, is nearly a perfect fit and inexpensive too. It was a little tight across the bottom of the trigger guard, but wetting it with some rubbing alchohol allowed me to remold it slightly for an excellent fit. I use these holsters for ALL my carry guns and can't reccommend them enough! - John
fjblackesq

Post by fjblackesq »

second the vote for the Don Hume slide holster. It is great!v KIt has fine leathjer and quality workmanship... perfect fit for the P64, got mine on eba...
mongo

Post by mongo »

anyone tried a pocket holster for a PPK? I noticed the P-64 prints rather nicely in dockers...
nscale

Post by nscale »

Like justplainbill, I have been carrying mine in the pager pal.
My problem has not been what the gun will fit in, but what I can wear concealed and confortable.
warthog

Post by warthog »

I have a pair of "Toters" from Blackie Collins line.
They are great pants, good fit and nicely made and durable.
They have a pocket that is specially made for holding a gun.
It is in the same place as a "watch" pocket would be on a pair of Lees.
It works for everything from a full sized 1911(though it does print a bit) to my smallest pocket gun.
They also have a knife pocket made to hold a folder with a pocket clip.

All in all, they may be a bit pricey at $80 a pair but they work great and I plan on getting a couple more pair.
I will probably be moving to Indiana soon so I can carry everyday. :)
They are also ambidextrous so they even work for a lefty.
You can also configure the non gun pocket to hold two extra magazines.
autom8r

Post by autom8r »

Justplain & nscale,

How comfortable is the Pager Pal with a P-64? I have never seen one in person or tried one, but it seems like 2 plus pounds in front of your leg and close to your crotch would be chafing and uncomfortable, especially sitting and driving all day. I checked out their website and it looks interesting for carry of something more potent than a .380, but I just gotta be comfortable.

I keep a 10.8 oz. Kel-Tec .380 in my hip pocket and don't know it's there now.

Dave
johnnyboym

Post by johnnyboym »

I have just purchased my first P-64 and love it. I am still debating what type of holster to purchase for it. An IWB seems to be the most practical but I am concerned about comfort. Does anyone out there use an IWB on a daily basis? If so is it comfortable?
talon

Post by talon »

The Don Hume "JIT Slide", No. 18, for the Walther PPK, is nearly a perfect fit and inexpensive too. It was a little tight across the bottom of the trigger guard, but wetting it with some rubbing alcohol allowed me to remold it slightly for an excellent fit. I use these holsters for ALL my carry guns and can't recommend them enough! - John
Hello jbailey,

Great suggestion on the DH JIT 18, just got mine in today from Gunners alley perfect holster great price Thanks for the recommendation.

Peace,
Talon 8-)
karlpa

Post by karlpa »

Newbie here. I put a Universal SA Clip Draw on mine and its great. Anyone else using one?

http://www.securityandsafetysupply.com/ ... lip-5.html
Last edited by karlpa on March 26th, 2006, 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
tunnelrat

Post by tunnelrat »

Newbie here. I put a Universal SA Clip Draw on mine and its great. Anyone else using one?

http://www.securityandsafetysupply.com/ ... lip-5.html
I have several of those that I can use when I am out of state. Unfortunately, the screwy laws in Ohio forbid me to use a Clip-Draw in an automobile! The Ohio law requires that the gun either be in a holster or else be locked up...